Kansai Harness Bar

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Does anyone have any experience with Kansai parts in general? Haven't run across them in the past.

I'm looking specifically at this part to use as a harness bar and GoPro mount point:

https://www.topendmotorsports.com/t...ent-harness-bar-steel-with-aluminum-20068.php

I'd go with the Cusco component in this case but I don't like the blue for the cabin, quite honestly. They don't seem to have any color options.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I respect the honesty.
Thanks. The wife and I are expecting our 2nd kiddo (with all of the associated preparation), so the attractiveness of pressing a button, receiving a part a couple of weeks later, then taking a couple of hours in the garage on the weekend to install it is nice. Or paying someone else to install it, even. Speaking of, how are you liking that Verus hood louver? Looks great from the pics on your IG. Mine is still waiting on me to call the body shop.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Thanks. The wife and I are expecting our 2nd kiddo (with all of the associated preparation), so the attractiveness of pressing a button, receiving a part a couple of weeks later, then taking a couple of hours in the garage on the weekend to install it is nice. Or paying someone else to install it, even. Speaking of, how are you liking that Verus hood louver? Looks great from the pics on your IG. Mine is still waiting on me to call the body shop.

its stupid easy to install. Looks to have the exact same two bolts on each side that Cusco had. took me 20 mins and im no savant. Longest part for me was actually being careful removing the plastic trim carefully

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I love it. It gets a ton of attention both wanted and unwanted, but IATs are consistently 15-20 degrees lower than they were before. No way to know about it's real aero forces, since I only drag. I'm very happy with it.

I do still have to re-center the logo replacement though.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
its stupid easy to install. Looks to have the exact same two bolts on each side that Cusco had. took me 20 mins and im no savant. Longest part for me was actually being careful removing the plastic trim carefully
Thanks! That's good to hear. I hadn't dug into the install process yet and didn't know how much of the interior trim needed to be removed. Did you use a trim removal tool or did things pop off pretty easily without it?

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I love it. It gets a ton of attention both wanted and unwanted, but IATs are consistently 15-20 degrees lower than they were before. No way to know about it's real aero forces, since I only drag. I'm very happy with it.

I do still have to re-center the logo replacement though.
Excellent to hear it actually aids in dropping IATs (got it to combat heat soak on the track)! Thank you.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks! That's good to hear. I hadn't dug into the install process yet and didn't know how much of the interior trim needed to be removed. Did you use a trim removal tool or did things pop off pretty easily without it?
Yes I have a cheap
Plastic trim tools.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was poking around a bit and found this monster was also available: https://shop.boostinperformance.com/product-p/hfs-harnessbar-mkv.htm. I'm not sure I would put that in my car without powder coating it, though. Interesting extra mount points. I'm assuming the stock "bar" doesn't utilize these extra bolts?
Over kill. Your half way $$ to a half cage

Stock alumn bar is barely structural. It has very thin pot metal one attachment point under trim. It is obvious why they rattle. Cusco uses much better triangle flange geometry and larger and one extra bolt on each side

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
After all that, I just ended up ordering the Cusco bar and will get it powder coated... eventually. As usual, thank you all for the information - this forum rocks.
Sponsored