OP

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
I actually ended up not getting it. It’s a long story but basically they wouldn’t take my usaa financing and their options were terrible.
So if anyone is looking for a deal it’s a black 2021 3.0 premium in auburn New York. Fox toyota
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
~ I own both. Great cars! I use my ‘16 GTI as my winter car and park the Supra. Enjoy!
Upon reflection I’m going to do the same. I’ll keep the gti for winter and buy a 2023 Supra when the market calms down. Also hopefully they will have android auto in them by then

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I actually ended up not getting it. It’s a long story but basically they wouldn’t take my usaa financing and their options were terrible.
So if anyone is looking for a deal it’s a black 2021 3.0 premium in auburn New York. Fox toyota
What reason did they give for not taking your financing?

acidburntx

First Name
Nabeel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 911, 2020 A90 Supra, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
What reason did they give for not taking your financing?
Dealers gets a kickback from financing company even if it is TFS. Since dealer already lowered price by $7k, they probably did not want to lose additional ~$500.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I got a little over $7.5k off my ‘21, but that was with a $1,500 rebate and two days before Christmas.

I can’t imagine anything close to that in this market.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Edit - Just wanted to state that I mention the battery issue because it's a VERY common problem for new Supras that have been on the dealer lot for more than a week or two. The Toyota dealers put them on the floor, and just don't know how to take care of them like a BMW dealer would, with a battery tender, etc., so the ECU is constantly awake, draining the battery.
This. It is an extremely common problem, and we have warrantied several of these. We just ended up just keeping them locked while they're in the showroom, and only unlock them upon request. Not ALL of the dealers are clueless on this ;)

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Oh man dude, I'm so sorry it didn't work out. For what it's worth, I'm still pissed as hell that my Refraction A91 never materialized. I ordered it in December, the day after my 35th birthday, and was told it would be no problem to get one. Well, we all know how that turned out :mad: Either way, I still don't hate my Nitro Yellow 3.0 P.

Dealers gets a kickback from financing company even if it is TFS. Since dealer already lowered price by $7k, they probably did not want to lose additional ~$500.
You mean even if it isn't through TFS, right? I went through PNC bank for mine, and it was my dealer that hooked me up with it. I know for a fact that they (we) got a kickback from PNC for the deal. TFS wasn't even considered, because their rates were garbage even though I have stellar credit, and a currently open loan on my Yaris through them. I was honestly surprised when TFS fell by the wayside.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Upon reflection I’m going to do the same. I’ll keep the gti for winter and buy a 2023 Supra when the market calms down. Also hopefully they will have android auto in them by then
~ the GTI is the best bang for the low buck to me.

98D9C735-CF4B-4AAA-8A0E-BE057B4CCCF4.jpeg

01DBDB27-44EF-4740-949D-83AEBDACFEA3.jpeg

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
$7000 off? Pay cash and sell it to Carmax

JoeG

First Name
Joe Garza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
You could have taken the deal and then refinanced it.

JoeG

First Name
Joe Garza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Well $7000 off isn’t exactly crappy behavior
$7000 grand off. Plus you ended up making an 8 hour round trip for nothing. No one else is going to do that deal. Sounds almost to good to be true. Just saying