ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
No, but not accepting his financing arrangement was
I think the price is too good to be true. Some behind the scenes numbers in play for sure.
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
~ the GTI is the best bang for the low buck to me.

98D9C735-CF4B-4AAA-8A0E-BE057B4CCCF4.jpeg

01DBDB27-44EF-4740-949D-83AEBDACFEA3.jpeg
I am honestly tempted to get one of these. The only thing is that it's going to feel extra slow compared to my Cobalt. Like 100 whp less. I don't know if I could get by with that.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
~ the GTI is the best bang for the low buck to me.

98D9C735-CF4B-4AAA-8A0E-BE057B4CCCF4.jpeg
Did you strip the black off the wheels? I always hated the OEM GTI wheels but these look way better with the two tone silver/black stripped!

I agree with you on the MK7 GTI. I actually enjoy mine way more than I thought I would and it's just a base.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Did you strip the black off the wheels? I always hated the OEM GTI wheels but these look way better with the two tone silver/black stripped!
~ I did. The oem wheels were sandblasted, powder coated Mercedes Benz silver, then machined the face and clear coated. The inside barrels are perfectly smooth in silver as well. Much easier to care for and provides a cleaner look.
CF8CCF3E-A71A-4B7E-964A-D45058010124.jpeg

6CE806C6-A766-4876-BFA9-AE1CE33C9F96.jpeg

C3CA4FFC-FC48-40A2-B9C8-516FB1BBAFE7.jpeg

Iā€™ve never been a fan of black wheelsā€¦same goes for the Supra. Even with the ceramic dust-free pads the dust and road dirt appears in a couple day.

Wish I was able to simply have the barrel (inside of the oem wheels) painted silver to aid in the upkeep while keeping the face of the wheel as is with the polished bits. I guess Iā€™m too much of a perfectionist always keeping the inside of the wheels and wheel wells clean.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Wow 7k. Unheard of. Congrats!!
12.5% ?? Damn
got 11k off mine, plus when they messed up some stuff with shipping, and refused to respond and didn't pdi the car or pay for the local dealer to PDI, charged back my 1k deposit lol

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
got 11k off mine, plus when they messed up some stuff with shipping, and refused to respond and didn't pdi the car or pay for the local dealer to PDI, charged back my 1k deposit lol
who holds the title to the car?

acidburntx

First Name
Nabeel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 911, 2020 A90 Supra, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Oh man dude, I'm so sorry it didn't work out. For what it's worth, I'm still pissed as hell that my Refraction A91 never materialized. I ordered it in December, the day after my 35th birthday, and was told it would be no problem to get one. Well, we all know how that turned out :mad: Either way, I still don't hate my Nitro Yellow 3.0 P.

You mean even if it isn't through TFS, right? I went through PNC bank for mine, and it was my dealer that hooked me up with it. I know for a fact that they (we) got a kickback from PNC for the deal. TFS wasn't even considered, because their rates were garbage even though I have stellar credit, and a currently open loan on my Yaris through them. I was honestly surprised when TFS fell by the wayside.
I meant Toyota dealer do get a kickback from TFS. Dealer is there to make money and whichever lender is providing better rate and more $$$ back in dealer pocket, is what dealer is going to go with in my experience.

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Called to buy it, it's sold. Also called a bunch of places in the area and no one is doing more than $3k off MSRP.

OP
OP

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
Called to buy it, it's sold. Also called a bunch of places in the area and no one is doing more than $3k off MSRP.
Yeah the salesman messaged me an hour after I posted the details of the dealership. Someone in California called and bought it lol

OP
OP

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
What reason did they give for not taking your financing?
Technically they would have accepted USAA but they werenā€™t going to let me take it off the lot till the check got there which would have been in 5 days or so. That would have left me stranded in New York with no car for 5 days. Itā€™s kinda bullshit Iā€™ve used USAA before to buy a car and nobody has ever forced me to wait for the check

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Technically they would have accepted USAA but they werenā€™t going to let me take it off the lot till the check got there which would have been in 5 days or so. That would have left me stranded in New York with no car for 5 days. Itā€™s kinda bullshit Iā€™ve used USAA before to buy a car and nobody has ever forced me to wait for the check
They can normally do something called a backup deal if you want to drive off the lot with outside financing the same day, they put all the paperwork and signatures together as if you were going to finance with them. If the check never comes or clears, the backup deal goes into effect.

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yeah the salesman messaged me an hour after I posted the details of the dealership. Someone in California called and bought it lol
Lol probably someone from the forum, at least I found a 2022 for $3k off MSRP in the color I want.
Sponsored