Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
How does it not? It looks strikingly similar to the X5, 1 & 2-Series and previous BMW concept interiors.

As for depressing, more like disappointing... One of the most striking and distinct features of the MKIV was the engaging driver-centric, fighter jet cockpit interior; understated and dramatic at the same time. From what we've seen thus far, the MKV design and layout is bland/boring and the center stack is a hodgepodge mess, with the screen tacked on top as if it were an afterthought --- it already looks dated, IMO. Even the Camry has a much more aggressive and 'sporty' interior.

Which Lexus, specifically? I don't see any Lexus/Toyota styling cues; it's entirely BMW.
The parts are BMW, the design is not. This car rivals the Cayman and will be a hard sell to those in that market with parts looking glaringly Toyota. I agree nothing is as cool as the shape of the dash in the MK4, but here we are.

The RX most notably

rx-f-sport-red-interior.jpg

Also we can see these swooping lines in the new ES as well but not as much as above
2018-lexus_es350-19.jpg
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
you know, all jokes aside, everyone complains about negative space and the plastics when it comes to the A80 dash, but I never thought much of that. I genuinely love that cockpit design etc.

I can't say the same for those door panels though. man, they are bad...
Especially when you compare the quality of the MK4 interior to the MK3, the MK3 is all around nicer IMO although less aesthetic

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Especially when you compare the quality of the MK4 interior to the MK3, the MK3 is all around nicer IMO although less aesthetic
Disagree. I like the simplicity of the mk4 interior and I don't have a huge problem with the quality of the parts, I don't even mind the door panels! The mk4 interior represents the car well, it has all of the fat trimmed off, just the basics in a nice simple, light, attractive package. Whilst the mk3 interior represents that car well too, although similary driver focused and all business, its also clunky and every piece just feels excessively heavy and larger then needed.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Disagree. I like the simplicity of the mk4 interior and I don't have a huge problem with the quality of the parts, I don't even mind the door panels! The mk4 interior represents the car well, it has all of the fat trimmed off, just the basics in a nice simple, light, attractive package. Whilst the mk3 interior represents that car well too, although similary driver focused and all business, its also clunky and every piece just feels excessively heavy and larger then needed.
That is what I am saying. The MK3 had higher quality parts than the MK4 but the MK4 had the better design.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
That is what I am saying. The MK3 had higher quality parts than the MK4 but the MK4 had the better design.

Aside from the scratch-prone texture on the 93-96 dash panels, I can't think of a single interior element that was a step down in material quality. It's more spartan for sure, but the MKIII was heavily clad in 80's-style rubber, plastic and fabric. The rubber dashboard with the molded faux stitching was always tacky, IMO.

kaneda

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kaneda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Demon, 2018 Civic Type R
How many times do I have to spell this out. If Toyota made a SUPRA interior from scratch, it would be TOTALLY sports car / japanese inspired design. Not some BMW layout with some Toyota badging. Yes, it is depressing that Toyota's Supra looks like a BMW Z4 inside. How is anyone happy about this?

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Aside from the scratch-prone texture on the 93-96 dash panels, I can't think of a single interior element that was a step down in material quality. It's more spartan for sure, but the MKIII was heavily clad in 80's-style rubber, plastic and fabric. The rubber dashboard with the molded faux stitching was always tacky, IMO.
The interior color options of mk3 are a major injustice to the interior. My uncle has a mint 92 with shadow grey leather which makes everything seem entirely different. I think if the MK4 has the same injustices done to the interior, such as maroon cloth, it wouldn't be held to the same regard IMO.

Yeah the tacky stitching is tacky, the 80s interiors did not age well to say the least.

Feel free to address my earlier comments regarding MK5 interior designs as well

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How many times do I have to spell this out. If Toyota made a SUPRA interior from scratch, it would be TOTALLY sports car / japanese inspired design. Not some BMW layout with some Toyota badging. Yes, it is depressing that Toyota's Supra looks like a BMW Z4 inside. How is anyone happy about this?
I wonder if Performance's brain was swapped with a PR guy from Toyota and this is Performance's burner.
:hmm:

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Doctor: There, there... take it easy son. You've been in an accident.
Patient: Accident? How long have I been out?
Doctor: I'm afraid you've been in a coma for a little over 5 years...
Patient: Wow... 5 years... Is my Supra OK?
Doctor: I'm sorry, your Supra was totaled. But there's good news. Toyota is about come out with a new Supra!
Patient: Really?
Doctor: Yes, some sort of collaboration with BMW. Built in Austria I think...
Patient: WHAT!? Help me out of this bed! I need to get on the internet!!!

corry29

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ハチロク
I wonder if Performance's brain was swapped with a PR guy from Toyota and this is Performance's burner.
:hmm:
PerformanceSound has been compromised. He was paid off by Toyota’s Damage Control Division to hush, and was forced to preach false hope with all his “I heard things” BS.

It was from that moment on, PerformanceSound was split into two personalities, hence creating Kaneda.

The red Supra will be revealed on the 14th with the same stickers that’s on @kaneda ‘s Red (Akira) Bike! That was the price to hush PerformanceSound.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
you know, all jokes aside, everyone complains about negative space and the plastics when it comes to the A80 dash, but I never thought much of that. I genuinely love that cockpit design etc.

I can't say the same for those door panels though. man, they are bad...
Those layouts will never exist again on new cars with safety regulations becoming more and more stringent.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I love Kali Linux....I really really love Kali!

:D....I see youuuuu....:wave:

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
The parts are BMW, the design is not. This car rivals the Cayman and will be a hard sell to those in that market with parts looking glaringly Toyota. I agree nothing is as cool as the shape of the dash in the MK4, but here we are.

The RX most notably

rx-f-sport-red-interior.jpg

Also we can see these swooping lines in the new ES as well but not as much as above
2018-lexus_es350-19.jpg

I just don't see the similarity or styling cues comparing those Lexus examples to the current MKV images. I do, however, see similarities here:

upload_2019-1-4_15-7-31.png

upload_2019-1-4_14-57-0.png

upload_2019-1-4_15-0-39.png

Is it known fact that Toyota styled their interior? At this point I actually prefer the Z4 design...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.