Not open for further replies.

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
it would be interesting if the Instrument Panel Dash will be common between the 2 cars, tooling and integration of air-ducts and electronics is very complicated and would jack up cost a lot if they are very different... not to mention it would require a different production line in the plant.

So I'm assuming its the same "dashboard" with different resin parts or padding that installs on top with common air-ducts and mechatronic components.

The seats and trim can be different, Toyota has its own affiliate supplier for its trim and seats located in Japan and Thailand. Would BMW fly over and import trims and seats from overseas? this will add more assembly time thus increase cost... slightly..

But that would mean the German-sourced trim/seat supplier for the Z4 will be making low volume parts so it kind of defeats the purpose of sharing components where possible to reduce cost.

I think the seat base (metal bits) are the same, the seat pad (bottom) bit could be the same with different fabrics/leather cover but the back padding I can imagine being different between the 2, thus reducing cost a bit.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that's not a fan of the full digital tach?
Nope. I’m not a fan of full digital instrumentation as well. Especially the tach.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
The Toyota Supra A90’s Supra is shaping up to be a typical BMW interior only with a slight Toyota twist.

It’s not the worst thing in the world IMO because BMW design some of the most solid interiors currently available. I hope Toyota adopt the iDrive system, only with a Toyota skin.. Toyota’s Touch & Go is an awful system...

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Give me the alcantara/suede interior with red stitching and call it a day.
paint-red-png.png

I would like to see some other color options though, red leather will probably we an option considering every other car has it nowadays.

It would be cool if they were bold enought to go all blue like my old mk3 but I dont think anyone would buy it lol

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
I'm cool with all digital and BMW electronics.

Not cool with a blah bmw interior, make it supra style and all would be good. Cockpit like
The digital cockpit doesn’t look very BMW from the looks of it tbh. So it’s a positive I guess

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I love all digi, hence why I deleted all analog gauges and swapped in a Racepak back in 2013.
Same here...huge fan of digital gauges.

I worked on a buddies SC300 a while back where we integrated a S2000 gauge cluster in a spare SC300 bezel. Came out pretty amazing, and I since have been looking at options for my 2JZX build.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has been discussed previously, but the person who made the decision to keep this feature, needs to be fired ASAP!

DoorLock.png

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is that?
Pull-up/push-down lock knob.

Not even my 1991 Nissan 300ZX has this god-awful feature to it. I only ever see this on cheap cars nowadays (Challengers, Mini's, etc...). Really gives the car a low-quality aura.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.