Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
There's quite a bit going on here:

2565382633_22ab8a9500_o.jpg

The plastic was always the biggest drawback for me though. I think the RX7, 300ZX, and NSX all had better looking interiors, but I do like some aspects of the Supra.
Z32 had a cluster of switches around the gauges as if there wasn’t room anywhere for HVAC buttons. NSX was done nice. RX7 was beautiful but you can’t keep that door panel from falling apart.

93-96 MKIV interiors had better quality than the 97-98 in terms of door panels and sound deadening. Layout was rather simple.. HVAC on top and radio underneath as all vehicles did in that era.
Sponsored

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Z32 had a cluster of switches around the gauges as if there wasn’t room anywhere for HVAC buttons. NSX was done nice. RX7 was beautiful but you can’t keep that door panel from falling apart.

93-96 MKIV interiors had better quality than the 97-98 in terms of door panels and sound deadening. Layout was rather simple.. HVAC on top and radio underneath as all vehicles did in that era.
Very true on the RX7 quality lol.

The Z32's digital cluster was functionally awesome, IMO. Everything was right there and easy to use (if you lived with the car and knew how to use it), but you don't have 30 buttons and dials in your face. I haven't spent as much time in an MKIV so it may also be easy to live with, but I've always thought it was a little too busy.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very true on the RX7 quality lol.

The Z32's digital cluster was functionally awesome, IMO. Everything was right there and easy to use (if you lived with the car and knew how to use it), but you don't have 30 buttons and dials in your face. I haven't spent as much time in an MKIV so it may also be easy to live with, but I've always thought it was a little too busy.
Yeah.. I’ve spent decent time in all of them except a 3KGT. From a pure driving experience.. I love the Z32 even more than the JZA80 due to the responsive motor that feels like a small V8. Functionally Z32s interior is awesome but I’m just talking about how it looked.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@metzger

Talking about buttons... you reminded me of this video. Lol

Enjoy if you like Jeremy Clarkson

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Yeah.. I’ve spent decent time in all of them except a 3KGT. From a pure driving experience.. I love the Z32 even more than the JZA80 due to the responsive motor that feels like a small V8. Functionally Z32s interior is awesome but I’m just talking about how it looked.
After driving both, I feel you are correct as i'm sure many who have owned both would agree.

IMO, both response and handling were better in the Z32 despite plenty of other things the jza80 did better.

Bimyota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo, 1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster
It has a cup holder, a step in the right direction
Ruined it for me right there. No manual? Fake vents? BMW engine? I'm still good.

Cup holders? I'm done with this poser mobile :thumbsdown::p

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Ruined it for me right there. No manual? Fake vents? BMW engine? I'm still good.

Cup holders? I'm done with this poser mobile :thumbsdown::p
Well, theres plenty of other forums that await your presence lol

Bimyota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo, 1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster
Well, theres plenty of other forums that await your presence lol
Oh no. I'm going to stay right here and let Toyota hear alllllllll about it! Cup holders! In a sports car! The finest, I say, the very finest feature of the Legendary MKIV is it's sublime and brilliant lack of stowage options for even the tiniest of gulps, never mind the Big Gulp!

It's not an F-350 King Ranch, my man! What's next? A built in cupholder cooler as well?

Perhaps it is you who are lost among the tubes of the interwebs and should find the way to a nice RV forum with discussion revolving around refrigerator capacities!

As for this infernal refreshment orifice, no real racer should be drinking a triple soy frappalappa pumpkin spicy latteccino instead of double clutching....if there were a...hmmm...

I mean, drinking a hot, frothy caffeinated beverage would get in the way of rowing through the....wait...

nvm :doh:

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Agreed. That Supra MK4 dash was a masterclass IMO. Best interior of its time (in the same class, and ofcourse in my opinion).

My favorite of the time and still one of the best imo, is the NSX. I prefer that over the supras, but yes, it’s a much more expensive car.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pull-up/push-down lock knob.

Not even my 1991 Nissan 300ZX has this god-awful feature to it. I only ever see this on cheap cars nowadays (Challengers, Mini's, etc...). Really gives the car a low-quality aura.

Ha! Modern Lexuses have the locks similar to bmw and Mercedes now. Those are the only German manufacturers to do that, the GTR has the lock on top as well.

Imo, I prefer it that way, I think the way Japanese cars and Korean cars do it with the locks on the door handle are cheap looking. Each their own of course.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Modern Lexuses have the locks similar to bmw and Mercedes now. Those are the only German manufacturers to do that, the GTR has the lock on top as well.

Imo, I prefer it that way, I think the way Japanese cars and Korean cars do it with the locks on the door handle are cheap looking. Each their own of course.
Yea, I should have been more specific....I meant the style of the lock/unlock knob. The GTR’s is flush with the door panel, not a tampon style knob sticking out from the panel. I agree though, to each his own.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, I should have been more specific....I meant the style of the lock/unlock knob. The GTR’s is flush with the door panel, not a tampon style knob sticking out from the panel. I agree though, to each his own.

Lol. Gotcha! I believe when it is locked it goes flush though. I used to have a 2009 S550 and the lock looked like a 91 Corolla protruding out even when locked lol

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
My favorite of the time and still one of the best imo, is the NSX. I prefer that over the supras, but yes, it’s a much more expensive car.
Overall for me, the best interior of a car for that time went to the R129 SL. Just happens to be one of my all time favourite motors
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.