Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkiv -93
Vehicle Showcase
Alcantara seats...
Really?
?

Best combination in my opinion "alcantara/leather", gives grip in center section (base, back) and sides for the looks.

Btw, i really like gauge cluster, combination with lcd with extra "bezel" and tacho at center. I think it is unique for Supra (differs from z4 cluster)

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

Best combination in my opinion "alcantara/leather", gives grip in center section (base, back) and sides for the looks.

Btw, i really like gauge cluster, combination with lcd with extra "bezel" and tacho at center. I think it is unique for Supra (differs from z4 cluster)
Gauge cluster has that retro feel while also adopting to new tech. Though I do hope they follow what Porsche did with the new 992; everything in the gauge cluster is all screen but the giant tachometer in the middle still has physical needle.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Do you think thats bad or good? Can't tell
All subjective.

Alcantara - the chemically synthesize fabric made for the suede feeling - makes us pay the premium/luxury and feel at a cost from BMW/Toyota for which they can manufacture or purchase for pennies.

I would prefer all perforated leather with additional bolstering considering the price we are paying.
Biggest problem... Black alcantara will eventually turn into purple alcantara. Color fades very fast for those who live in warm/hot weather.
Because alcantara is used as the seat, it has the highest pressure usage meaning this thing will fade even faster.
Then you develop pressure marks on the seats within a couple of years. Depending on the quality, it can seem wrinkly or raggidity.

A pain to clean up too.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I still don't like the steering wheel, it looks unsporty and cumbersome.

Without the red leather it could be a family carrier wheel as well

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
is it me or do the seats not look *that* supportive?
Those bolsters don't look too impressive, nowhere near as good as those in a CT-R. Toyota will probably make proper sports seats an expensive upgrade.

Another thing noticeable in those photos is the substantial forward rake of the headrest which may make it impossible to lean your head back. It's a one-piece seat so the headrest won't be adjustable either.

Last edited:

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All subjective.

Alcantara - the chemically synthesize fabric made for the suede feeling - makes us pay the premium/luxury and feel at a cost from BMW/Toyota for which they can manufacture or purchase for pennies.

I would prefer all perforated leather with additional bolstering considering the price we are paying.
Biggest problem... Black alcantara will eventually turn into purple alcantara. Color fades very fast for those who live in warm/hot weather.
Because alcantara is used as the seat, it has the highest pressure usage meaning this thing will fade even faster.
Then you develop pressure marks on the seats within a couple of years. Depending on the quality, it can seem wrinkly or raggidity.

A pain to clean up too.
Personally, for practicality purposes, I would rather opt for sporty fabric with manual seats. It’s simple; less maintenance as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.