underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
... as much I'd like to say no, your math is correct haha
One can dream...

As proud owner of a not very torquey engine, I believe the 1 pound equals 10 pounds only work for rotating masses (tire, wheel, brake disc) and the more the weight is eccentric the biggest the effect. A lighter brake caliper will still helps your suspension to contact the ground though.
Wait, the brakes don't rotate?! :p You are 100% correct and I had remembered this incorrectly from my competitive racing days... which are embarrassingly long ago. Thanks for the correction. Time to buy those carbon fiber wheels, eh?
Sponsored

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
Wait, the brakes don't rotate?! :p You are 100% correct and I had remembered this incorrectly from my competitive racing days... which are embarrassingly long ago. Thanks for the correction. Time to buy those carbon fiber wheels, eh?
Aha, don't worry, I didn't want to sound like a smart ass :innocent:.

I would also go down with 18' wheels for the track as Kiske mentionned, but mostly because curbs (or rumble strips? How do you call these things in english anyway??:dunno:) can be harsh, I would be afraid to crack a wheel or have the tire come off the rim.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Aha, don't worry, I didn't want to sound like a smart ass :innocent:.

I would also go down with 18' wheels for the track as Kiske mentionned, but mostly because curbs (or rumble strips? How do you call these things in english anyway??:dunno:) can be harsh, I would be afraid to crack a wheel or have the tire come off the rim.
No you're, good - I don't want to put bad information out there and am 100% happy to admit I'm wrong. I'm going to edit my previous comment and ensure it's corrected. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Every little helps, my wheels are 4lb per corner lighter, exhaust considerably lighter. If I change anything I'll always make sure it's lighter (if cost permits).

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
The rotors rotate. The ap racing rotors are lighter than oem. So there's that

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Doesn’t list prices? How do we know
The pricing is right there on the page I linked. Pasted below - again, these are *completely bespoke* forged magnesium wheels, so literally any style you want. They also do forged aluminum, which are insanely reasonable. Their niche seems to be remakes of classic wheels, but made with forged aluminum or magnesium. Really cool stuff, if you're a collector with deep pockets!

Edit - WOW, I just realized that's in Canadian dollars, too. So they're only charging you $5700 USD for a set of bespoke 19" wheels? That's... wow.

Below is our forged magnesium monoblock wheel build pricing list: Some pricing may vary slightly due to wheel width and forging availabilty

Rim DiameterPrice Per Wheel (CDN)
15" (6", 6.5" and 7.5")$1499
16" (6.5" - 8")$1499
17" (6.5" - 8.5")$1499
18" (7" - 10")$1599
19" (7" - 11")$1799
20" (8" -12")$1999
21" (8.5" - 12")$2199

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
The speed of the machine is influenced by many factors! When designing a new machine, engineers consider everything! The speed of any vehicle depends to a large extent on its traction, which in turn is directly related to the weight of the machine, which affects each wheel from the surface and road conditions, as well as the tire tread and air pressure in them. Weight even affects the speed of a person! I am overweight, and I know what I am talking about! I was recently given a scale to keep track of my weight loss progress vont.com. I want to go running! I can't even get into my new sports car! It's a dream of mine!

Good luck with your diet.

4g63T

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z Nismo
AP Racing kit saves 23lbs up front and 22lbs in the rear over the OEM brakes according to Essex. I'm anxiously awaiting this as we speak!
on my 19 nismo 370z i installed 2 piece front and rear rotors and i saved 20lbs up front and 10lbs at the back and it was like my car gained 20+whp. this only costed $1400 from Z1Motorsports hoping something like this becomes available in the future and not at a 10k cost.
Sponsored