Light clicking noise when coming to a complete stop in Sports mode

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
I've started noticing a light singular click noise that occurs when I come to a complete stop. For some reason this only occurs in Sports mode, and doesn't happen with it turned off. It happened briefly upon acceleration at one point, but now it's purely when I come to a complete stop. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've started noticing a light singular click noise that occurs when I come to a complete stop. For some reason this only occurs in Sports mode, and doesn't happen with it turned off. It happened briefly upon acceleration at one point, but now it's purely when I come to a complete stop. Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm experiencing a somewhat similar issue which occurs at idle....I've attached a post below of mine with a video at the bottom someone posted for reference that sounds like the light tapping / clicking you may be referring to...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/vibrations-rattles-in-2020-premium-supra.2294/page-8#post-89322

OP
OP
zsupra

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
I'm experiencing a somewhat similar issue which occurs at idle....I've attached a post below of mine with a video at the bottom someone posted for reference that sounds like the light tapping / clicking you may be referring to...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/vibrations-rattles-in-2020-premium-supra.2294/page-8#post-89322
I had that same sound at one point, but it hasnt occurred for me in a while. This noise I'm talking about, sounds like it's coming from the drivetrain, sorta like something engaging. It's a singular audible click, rather than a continous click or tap.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
*phoenix down*

I think I have the same ticking noise zsupra is referring to. I noticed it today while i was at a drive thru. Sounds like something is engaging then disengaging in the drivetrain, I was also in sport mode and my vehicle has 700 on the odo. Hopefully it isn't anything severe but will bring it up to Toyota when I bring my vehicle in for them to unfuck the clear-bra on wednesday.

Srichardson

First Name
Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0L premium
*phoenix down*

I think I have the same ticking noise zsupra is referring to. I noticed it today while i was at a drive thru. Sounds like something is engaging then disengaging in the drivetrain, I was also in sport mode and my vehicle has 700 on the odo. Hopefully it isn't anything severe but will bring it up to Toyota when I bring my vehicle in for them to unfuck the clear-bra on wednesday.
what did it end up being? I have the same issue. Sport mode, idle, single click every few seconds

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
what did it end up being? I have the same issue. Sport mode, idle, single click every few seconds
I actually forgot to mention it to the dealership when I brought it in but I'm currently at 3500 miles and I haven't heard the sound in a while.

SupraCal

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
Has it got to do with the auto start stop being disabled with sports mode. it sorts of engages something to signal the car being on complete stop.
I get it at comfort mode too when i code the auto start stop off.
Sponsored