Loose driver side mirror a91/carbon fiber mirrors

mokodaru

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Hey all,

I noticed there's some "play" on the mirror itself if you push lightly against the corners of the mirror. I noticed while driving the mirror vibrates and it causes looking at traffic in the mirror to appear blurry when at speed or over rough terrain.

Does anyone have this problem? I compared it to the passengers side and it didn't have as much give. I also stopped by a dealership to compare against another supra but it didn't have cf mirror caps and it was a 2.0 version

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Mirror caps shouldn't have any effect on the mounting of the mirror itself. This doesn't sound right; my mirrors are solid, no vibration.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
sounds like the mirror is not fully snapped in...

push in the center mirror firmly and it should snap in. It helps to use your other hand to brace the back of the mirror (effectively the front of the CF mirror cover)

OP
OP

mokodaru

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
sounds like the mirror is not fully snapped in...

push in the center mirror firmly and it should snap in. It helps to use your other hand to brace the back of the mirror (effectively the front of the CF mirror cover)
Hmm. I mean the mirror works just fine when you move it using the power mirror control. Not sure it's still loose. Would you know?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Maybe tabs inside broke. I don't know.

Try taking the mirror out and inspect?

Last edited:

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Hmm. I mean the mirror works just fine when you move it using the power mirror control. Not sure it's still loose. Would you know?
Did you try pushing the center of the mirror firmly into the housing? Even if it is hooked up on half the clips, the mirror can still move with the bracket behind it.
Sponsored