zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anyone else seeing this?
I'd honestly be dead without the AM option. I'm old and listen to talk radio in the morning.

I haven't heard of this, but I'd bring it right back to the dealer.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I just had mine updated last week and I haven’t lost them.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
hold up…throttle lag gone??

Might finally have a reason to make time for this.
The diversity of results from this update fills me with doubt. It makes sense considering it's a full update of everything... but my faith in all those changes being beneficial is lacking to say the least.

Not that I wouldn't be more than happy to have far less throttle lag... I'd love that.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder if the USB and AM options are simply being hidden by default and can simply be restored by using the options? I used that to remove satellite radio from my list because I don't want it - but if I lost USB and AM entirely, I'd be back at the dealership that day... that's 95% of my use.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I've not noticed throttle lag on my Supra.. (2020 factory map with JB4). I don't think the JB4 has anything to do with it unless I step on the throttle quite a bit. I don't notice lag light throttle or while driving normally.. or spiritedly.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DO IT. Worst case, your car is completely fucked and you have to take the bus while @Marshall@ViscontiTuning fixes it-- after you tow it to him.
Yeah that worst case is totally worth it considering I start my car normally and don't use CarPlay at all... I'll consider it around December (maybe).

I've not noticed throttle lag on my Supra.. (2020 factory map with JB4). I don't think the JB4 has anything to do with it unless I step on the throttle quite a bit. I don't notice lag light throttle or while driving normally.. or spiritedly.
I don't normally, but every once in awhile it gets pretty bad. Not as bad as some have said (10 secs or more) but at least it's quite noticeable compared to the rest of the time. Most noticeable when just briefly stopping (stop signs), push the pedal down and there's nothing... then 2-3 seconds later tons of power suddenly. It doesn't really matter that much to me because that's how every Lexus I've ever owned drove all the time. :rolleyes:

OP
OP

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I wonder if the USB and AM options are simply being hidden by default and can simply be restored by using the options? I used that to remove satellite radio from my list because I don't want it - but if I lost USB and AM entirely, I'd be back at the dealership that day... that's 95% of my use.
Thanks
It was exactly this.
The personalize menu for media options had the AM de-selected.
Problem fixed :)

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
Not sure if it was just coincidence but I lost Nav and Satrad when they "updated" the car, and got some kind of error that told them to replace the radio. They ended up replacing the radio FOUR times. Nuttiest thing I ever saw but FINALLY it all works again. Of course trying to activate Sat on the new radio was a hassle since they kept trying to ping the radio ID associated with the VIN.

Wouldn't have bothered me at all if they had simply included a damn CD player but a $58,000 car with only AM and FM was getting old quick, with the massive amount of commercials every 10-15 minutes. :rolleyes:
Sponsored