Loudest Intake Sounds?

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
I'm wondering how much louder are the 3.0s with an intake compared to my 2.0. I have an open air intake (home made tbh) with the BMS filter and housing and it's barely noticeable. But then I don't think I'll ever hear one that will be as loud as the 2J intake on my Fiesta ST.
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Surprisingly, the factory intake with air box res delete (you don’t have to buy the verus kit, I wanted to keep stock look so I put a wine cork although I’m changing It to a rubber one sometime soon in the hole where it connects to where the air filter is), a replacement intake pipe sounds pretty good.

One thing to add is when the car is tuned with a p800 and the air box mod I was describing above, it sounds like there’s a cai on the car although I doubt it’s as loud as the aftermarket ones. Before the p800, you could still hear some turbo noise out of that mod. Will post sound clips when I take some.

Abomb210

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
MST with inlet is very loud even closed box

BlackSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
I have the CTS intake and it's pretty awesome! It loud but not overly obnoxious. It makes a nice blow-off sound when you let off the gas!

jay1k2

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, 2020 Cayman GT4
I have the Armaspeed and it is pretty loud

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
That sounds really good. I feel as though my exhaust coming in would overpower the sound of the intake though. I'm already catless and it's loud as hell.
So same here. You won’t here the intake unless you’re at a high gear and lower speed where you can full throttle without it pulling fast. That’s why I’m in 5th gear @35mph

Cherry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have the FTP intake pipe hooked up to the stock airbox with an HKS filter and the verus intake resonator delete. I can hear a good amount of intake and it's my cheap alternative to buying a full kit.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
I have the FTP intake pipe hooked up to the stock airbox with an HKS filter and the verus intake resonator delete. I can hear a good amount of intake and it's my cheap alternative to buying a full kit.
Agree with you there. Here is my cheap intake upgrade lol.