Lowering Springs in 2.0?

mboret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Any of the 3.0 springs will work fine with the 2.0, but the car will ride slightly higher than stated as the engine is lighter. "Higher" is around 7mm. No need to look for EUDM or 2.0-specific springs.
Not debating this but, from my understanding, this is exactly why the spring load values should match the weight of the car. Ideally, it should also be tested with and for a specific application. From personal experience, it is very easy to ruin ride quality and ride performance with incorrect suspension parts. This is why I am trying to find what has been tested and developed for specific application.

This is what I was told by by AC-Schnitzer: "The 4 cylinder is significantly lighter, so our front springs differ."

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Not debating this but, from my understanding, this is exactly why the spring load values should match the weight of the car. Ideally, it should also be tested with and for a specific application. From personal experience, it is very easy to ruin ride quality and ride performance with incorrect suspension parts. This is why I am trying to find what has been tested and developed for specific application.

This is what I was told by by AC-Schnitzer: "The 4 cylinder is significantly lighter, so our front springs differ."

You're still pairing an aftermarket lowering spring with an OEM shock and strut that was never meant to accommodate said springs. While you're right on vehicle model specific parts, it's not drastic by any means to run any of the springs currently available for the A90.

mboret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
You're still pairing an aftermarket lowering spring with an OEM shock and strut that was never meant to accommodate said springs. While you're right on vehicle model specific parts, it's not drastic by any means to run any of the springs currently available for the A90.
You are correct as well. Although, according to AC-S, their products are developed to accommodate factory equipment and their parts are sold in Germany through Toyota Germany.

PS. SupraMKV2.0 the car looks great!

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
AC-Schnitzer's commentary has more to do with marketing than science. It's one of those things that's technically true, but largely academic because the strut is still OEM.

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hey guys! Iā€™ve read a lot of comments about springs and thank you. However I just wanted to make sure , I purchase springs or coilovers for the 3.0 Supra itā€™ll fit my Supra , which is a 2.0?
A lot on the forum stated that the suspension components are exactly the same. I wanted to improve the handling so Iā€™m in the market to purchase some SPL endlinks and such but for the 2.0. Would everyone be able to confirm or provide me advice on it ? Thanks!!