NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I drove a 1LE the other day and was impressed with the engine trans combo. Unfortunately, the blind spot comments are no joke. They suck, the Interior leaves a little bit to be desired in terms of build quality, the engine note is excellent, and the NPP is one of the best stock exhaust systems. The M2 I am officially in the camp of not a fan; after driving and really getting to know the car, it is just too heavy. does not feel much different than an m4, and at the price point and weight may as well get the nicer m4. I do think in black with the right wheels, the G87 looks good, but the ZF auto is boring, and the manual is a lot worse than the manual in my MT. Even with my biased opinion, I think the supra is the best all-rounder in the group. Excited to try the S650 Dark Horse; the S550 never did it for me, even the Shelby variants I tried, so curious if it has gotten better. I still think Toyota should have released a track-prepped ready supra like the 1LE package, I think it would sell great, with some lighter 18s on sticky tires, some beefier sway bars, some extra bracing and cooling mods, and maybe an aggressive aero kit and a sport exhaust. Missed opportunity.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I drove a 1LE the other day and was impressed with the engine trans combo. Unfortunately, the blind spot comments are no joke. They suck, the Interior leaves a little bit to be desired in terms of build quality, the engine note is excellent, and the NPP is one of the best stock exhaust systems. The M2 I am officially in the camp of not a fan; after driving and really getting to know the car, it is just too heavy. does not feel much different than an m4, and at the price point and weight may as well get the nicer m4. I do think in black with the right wheels, the G87 looks good, but the ZF auto is boring, and the manual is a lot worse than the manual in my MT. Even with my biased opinion, I think the supra is the best all-rounder in the group. Excited to try the S650 Dark Horse; the S550 never did it for me, even the Shelby variants I tried, so curious if it has gotten better. I still think Toyota should have released a track-prepped ready supra like the 1LE package, I think it would sell great, with some lighter 18s on sticky tires, some beefier sway bars, some extra bracing and cooling mods, and maybe an aggressive aero kit and a sport exhaust. Missed opportunity.

I had a 350R. The car had a ton of potential. I was beaten by a full four seconds by one on streets of Willow. The spec sheet says he's on street tires. I don't know what else he had done to it, But I have also seen them run stupid fast at Buttonwillow.

I did not like driving the car, though. The Supra is so much more enjoyable. Even if the Supra is all out slower, I would still prefer it. The Mustang sure did look mean, though. Also, I loved the carbon fiber wheels.

FB_IMG_1644297572175.jpg

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I had a 350R. The car had a ton of potential. I was beaten by a full four seconds by one on streets of Willow. The spec sheet says he's on street tires. I don't know what else he had done to it, But I have also seen them run stupid fast at Buttonwillow.

I did not like driving the car, though. The Supra is so much more enjoyable. Even if the Supra is all out slower, I would still prefer it. The Mustang sure did look mean, though. Also, I loved the carbon fiber wheels.

FB_IMG_1644297572175.jpg
Mean looking car. I see it like this: Toyota left the Supra as mainly a blank canvas for us to upgrade if desired. The mods are much cheaper on the Supra than mods on a G87 M2. The M "tax" as they call it in the car community is real! After full exhaust system, ECU Femto, flex fuel, downpipe, suspension, etc., you'd be close to or over $80k in cost of car plus parts. I've never sat in a G87 M2, but maybe it's more comfortable than the Supra. Great video and review of three excellent cars. Need to appreciate these vehicles before sooner or later everyone is forced into electric cars

Last edited:

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I recently cross shopped the G87 M2 and the MT GR Supra. I was really leaning towards the M2, until I saw the dashboard, I hate it. Like with anything else, I am sure I would get used to it over time; maybe. I sold my Supra 2.0 which I really liked, so I ended up buying a Nocturnal 3.0 Premium MT instead. I am sure I'll like it even more (if it ever gets here)! Futhermore, the wait for a M2 was at least 12-16 months and the colors IMO, sucked. Not to mention how heavy the car is. It's a porker. And, I have no need for any back seats. We owned a 2010 Camaro manual and I hated it, it was my wife's car when we got married. Sure that V8 is awesome, but terrible ergonomics, poor (worse than the GR Supra) outward vision, and not to mention the engine (this was the 315hp V6) basically was dead at 70K miles! It seems the oil was seeping through the engine block into the sparkplug tubes! Chevy used shitty metal in many of their V6 engine blocks and only offered $1500 towards engine rebuild. No thanks. Chevy cheaps out on all of their interiors as well. The Camaro was not even a consideration unless of course I was only into drag racing, which I am not.

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Sounds like we all have the same taste! 😂
We should have an online forum for Supra MKV's!!! 😁

PS: Your Rx-8 makes me miss mine. Sometimes I go into the garage at night, and caress the NOS Rx-8 coolant reservoir that I never installed. 😅

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
FWIW, the Throttle House guys were pretty unimpressed with the new M2 as well. I guess it's following the industry trend by getting bigger, heavier, and more powerful, but it's not for me either. I still think the first gen M2s are great, but I'll pass on the new ones and keep my Supra.

Zoomie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX, 2021 4Runner, 2023 GR Supra 3.0MT
Sometimes you watch a review and think "these guys are out to lunch". If they don't like your car you can easily dismiss it.

I found myself agreeing with most of what they said so I was very relieved to see a positive review for the Supra. At the end of the day drive what you love, but it's nice to be validated.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I actually hated the SS 1LE for the longest time until I had a Turo GT350 in San Diego cancel on me a week before I was supposed to be there for a bachelor party because the Ford product decided to be a Ford product. Got an 18 SS 1LE and yes the interior, touch points, visibility all suck, BUT NA V8s have ways to make me forget that.

Very capable car in the right hands, tons of aftermarket support for whatever you're chasing.

I considered one heavily but eventually I couldn't deal with the interior on a day to day.

Overall, I would rock one as a 10th car.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Great review! I love track based data. Unfortunately he didn’t drive them on the same day 😔 But… I am surprised how well the M2 did, despite the weight. Both on street tires, manual, stock everything cars. The Firm is a tiny track. And in Florida 😃 So that’s kinda cool 😎

I‘d love to see more of these M2s out there. That engine is a beast! Ripping out that backseat would be interesting. She’d be even more of a badass with a little more dieting 💃

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Great review! I love track based data. Unfortunately he didn’t drive them on the same day 😔 But… I am surprised how well the M2 did, despite the weight. Both on street tires, manual, stock everything cars. The Firm is a tiny track. And in Florida 😃 So that’s kinda cool 😎

I‘d love to see more of these M2s out there. That engine is a beast! Ripping out that backseat would be interesting. She’d be even more of a badass with a little more dieting 💃
Track Master! -- Have you driven this circuit??

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Track Master! -- Have you driven this circuit??
I haven‘t… yet 😉 The Firm is a newer little track in northern Florida (far from me). But it’s cheap and on the 2023 *possibility list 👇

83bfc908-449a-4279-a629-e55c40dfd6fd.jpeg
Sponsored