Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
I bought my car five weeks ago! We’re both new owners!
Sponsored

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I should have mentioned in my brain damaged post: I've got a kit (the $80 eBay one). Just haven't installed it yet.
Bro you might have had the damage prior to owning the car.

It does help, it's just ridiculous that it's a problem.

Digitalprty

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
I just turned 38, and weird things are happening...because I now also think the Z4 MT seems like an awesome option. Once again, the MT (& Sport package) option changes everything about the car in my eyes.
That’s how I felt about the Supra too. Automatic-only, not a second glance. Once the MT came out, I’m like, “look at this sexy bitch…”

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
That’s how I felt about the Supra too. Automatic-only, not a second glance. Once the MT came out, I’m like, “look at this sexy bitch…”
💯% the same here

1702835488329.png

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Blue GR Supra
Probably the best deal in BMW lineup is the Z4 m40i, frankly, with M340i as a close second. People really don't know how incredible the B58 really is.
Having owned M340i, I completely agree on that. I would say it's by far the best all-rounder cars I have owned so far. AWD, four doors, decent space, great trunk opening so I can actually put a lot bigger items compared to cars in the similar category.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Having owned M340i, I completely agree on that. I would say it's by far the best all-rounder cars I have owned so far. AWD, four doors, decent space, great trunk opening so I can actually put a lot bigger items compared to cars in the similar category.
I drove the m340i around BMW performance center and was shocked by the driving dynamics; it's power to weight is excellent and, bonus - a nice place to be!

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I like the wheels and the butt.. and if it really is $70k, price point too.

Not sure I would replace my Supra for it, but would make a nice garage mate for my GR.. :dunno:
$70k... I'd rather get a G87 with the S58 and even on an E50 you are insanely fast for the streets. $70k is way too much for a Z4.

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I drove the m340i around BMW performance center and was shocked by the driving dynamics; it's power to weight is excellent and, bonus - a nice place to be!
I agree! Mine was M Performance Edition (Canadian Limited Edition) that came with Full Merino Leather Seat as well. And bit different 20" wheel. I let it go in order to get manual M2 haha

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
$70k... I'd rather get a G87 with the S58 and even on an E50 you are insanely fast for the streets. $70k is way too much for a Z4.
That was literally my point when I heard the news. We all know that cars like G87 will get modded in someway so I actually don't mind going close to base. Based on the Canadian pricing of the G87 and Z4 m40i, if manual option is indeed going to cost more, well optioned G87 will have same pricing as Z4 M40i + manual. We will have to see how the pricing works especially for me in Canada.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I agree! Mine was M Performance Edition (Canadian Limited Edition) that came with Full Merino Leather Seat as well. And bit different 20" wheel. I let it go in order to get manual M2 haha
M performance edition is not a limited edition. It's just performance package that can be added on to any bmw. Can hardly be counted as a performance package in some cases whens literally a badge package and not limited numbered in most cases. It's sticking the m badge everywhere on non m cars.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I have no idea what a good price for a Z4 is.. nor driven one. Is that one pictured the same face as the current one out on the market? ie: is it a butterface car? :hmm:

Butterface is so dissappointing there should be a fine for such violators humans included. :banned:

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
That was literally my point when I heard the news. We all know that cars like G87 will get modded in someway so I actually don't mind going close to base. Based on the Canadian pricing of the G87 and Z4 m40i, if manual option is indeed going to cost more, well optioned G87 will have same pricing as Z4 M40i + manual. We will have to see how the pricing works especially for me in Canada.
Yeah. I applaud the manual or anything that companies do for enthusiasts, but while they do it they should no be ripping us off. I know it's a business but there is a fine line.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I almost bought an S2k with the soft top ripped out and a hard top n. I could definitely roll with that👍🏻🤘🏼

Soft tops are a big barrier to entry for me. The only convertibles I've owned have all been power retractible hard tops.

I hear the current Z4 top is great (well insulated and very quiet), but I don't think I can get over the lack of security and wear that comes along with the rag top.
Sponsored