Manual transmissions and tuning

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
If you have been on forums for 20 years you should know you need to have a thick skin.

I actually don't think any of us were being abnormally harsh. Search works. Things are stickied.
Sponsored

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
You're getting way ahead of yourself.

The clutch can't even hold a JB4.

Modding this car is a waiting game or be the guinea pig.
Has that thought changed at all since you originally posted this? Iā€™m super close to finally buying a 24 manual and like the OP am trying to catch up on current affairs. Back months ago when I was reading the forum regularly I didnā€™t see many high power manuals out there. A lot of people talking thru clutch or CDV issues but thatā€™s about it. Are there actually members out there with say top mount and external WG setups unlocked and tuned now? Thanks for any insight you may have.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Has that thought changed at all since you originally posted this? Iā€™m super close to finally buying a 24 manual and like the OP am trying to catch up on current affairs. Back months ago when I was reading the forum regularly I didnā€™t see many high power manuals out there. A lot of people talking thru clutch or CDV issues but thatā€™s about it. Are there actually members out there with say top mount and external WG setups unlocked and tuned now? Thanks for any insight you may have.
Its fine, I've had JB4 on my MT for 3k+ miles and never had any slip at all.

Unlike my GTI, where JB4 instantly murdered the clutch šŸ˜‚

I think people got nervous because the CDV purposely causes slip and it can sort of feel like it with some people's style of shifting. AFAIK, people were fine up to ~550WTQ? So you'll probably be getting near there with E-mix flash tunes.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Okay guys, now I know to never post on this forum ever again.

Iā€™ll remember to log out, and never log in again or participate in any further topics.

God I hate what social media has turned interacting with anyone into. The default is always sarcastic bros

Hope you enjoyed the roast and ensuring a new 40 year old member doesnā€™t come back and longs for what forums were when she was 20ā€¦
Hi!

Welcome to the internet.

Also:

- Tires
- Downpipe and exhaust
- ClutchMasters FX1000
- Drive to EPC and ship your warranty to europe BM3/MHD
- Flex fuel kit
- Get a tune from a tuner
- Phone mount

Optional:

- Turn traction off and wot with cold tires in 2nd gear at 30 mph
- Overcorrect but whatever you do, do not let off the throttle.
- Initiation to viral supra videos complete

maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored