Michaels Toyota of Bellevue PPF?

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Has anyone had their Supra PPFed by them and how was it? I’m a bit skeptical and don’t know if I should do it there or go to an actual shop for my Supra. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
How much are they charging because I’m curious if it’ll be any indication of their quality.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
2 things to look for. Price and what kind of warranty they offer. The dealer I bought mine from offered a 10 yr warranty and was cheaper than the dealer I work for to do PPF

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I believe they use an outside place. If I’m not mistaken it’s imperial in Kirkland. I was getting my tint done the other day and I think Jeff was saying he does their PPF work. Their in house guy doesn’t have the skill to do the Supra.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Go to an actual shop. I've seen PPF from various dealers around the area and its lower quality, and they charge stupid money for less coverage.

A buddy of mine got his GT4 done at Accutint in Bellevue and he liked the work.

https://www.avants.com/partners#window-tint-wraps has a list of good places to consider.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I wouldn't trust the dealership to do PPF, plus it sounds like they outsource it anyways.

When I was researching places to get mine done last year, Metropolitan Detail in Redmond sounded like the place with the highest quality work - but also some of the highest prices... I expect you get what you pay for there though.

I ended up going with APC Auto Spa (which is now located in Monroe, but used to be in Woodinville). They did great work for a reasonable rate, and also offered STEK PPF which I had a slight preference for over XPEL. I think I'd rate the work they did as perhaps A or A-. It isn't *absolutely* perfect, but they did a great job overall and it met my expectations for the price.

I went with full front + ceramic coating. I think it ran about $1800. STEK has a 10 year warranty, but I think most PPF brands have the same, and that is really only covering unexpected things like delamination or yellowing which isn't really an issue with modern PPF.

I did find a few minor issues, and APC fixed them for free.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
Anyone care to post a pic of their PPF at the area where the inner most part of the headlight meets the bumper (close to the emblem side not the fender)

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Has anyone had their Supra PPFed by them and how was it? I’m a bit skeptical and don’t know if I should do it there or go to an actual shop for my Supra. Thoughts?
Avoid like the plague.

I had my car's PPF done from them and regret it every day. I think the total job with full front PPF and tint was almost 2k and they left shit all over my interior. So much overspray and crap and I had to take it back to them multiple times to clean it up and even had my PPF on the mirrors and the hood start to lift a couple times. Not to mention the PPF done on the front splitter doesn't even match the matte look of the plastic so now the face of my car has shiny bumper plastics and doesn't match the rest of the black lower trim.

Lesson I learned is always trust the people who's sole profession is coating and protecting cars not just some half-assed add-on service offered by a dealer. Take the advice of the other's on here and go with a dedicated shop like metro or APC. I personally went with APC for a ceramic coating and they did a pretty decent job. Not absolutely perfect like @nosavingthrow said but still pretty decent work and they're very nice people.

I can add some pics of the PPF on here if need be once I get a chance to wash my car.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
reading all these comments i’m kinda split 50/50. they’re wrapping the entire front and sides for a decent price. do i take the risk or go somewhere else? i think they said i have to get it but could’ve just been the salesperson tryna get more $ because you can’t force someone to get ppf.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Avoid like the plague.

I had my car's PPF done from them and regret it every day. I think the total job with full front PPF and tint was almost 2k and they left shit all over my interior. So much overspray and crap and I had to take it back to them multiple times to clean it up and even had my PPF on the mirrors and the hood start to lift a couple times. Not to mention the PPF done on the front splitter doesn't even match the matte look of the plastic so now the face of my car has shiny bumper plastics and doesn't match the rest of the black lower trim.

Lesson I learned is always trust the people who's sole profession is coating and protecting cars not just some half-assed add-on service offered by a dealer. Take the advice of the other's on here and go with a dedicated shop like metro or APC. I personally went with APC for a ceramic coating and they did a pretty decent job. Not absolutely perfect like @nosavingthrow said but still pretty decent work and they're very nice people.

I can add some pics of the PPF on here if need be once I get a chance to wash my car.
are you sure it was this toyota? can you post some pics? and what did they say when you brought this up?

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
That’s their deal for selling at MSRP. They do the add ons to make extra money. I was able to get them to drop the PPF and tint and they still sold it to me at MSRP.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
Generally avoid Michael’s Toyota in Bellevue at all costs. They will overcharge you any opportunity they get.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Everyday Driver bought the GR86 which came with Toyota PPF and they said it was awful. It's in their youtube video somewhere if you want to see it. In general dealer PPF is going to be thinner than Xpel/Kavaca/Suntek.

Last edited:
OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Everyday Driver bought the GR86 which came with Toyota from PPF and they said it was awful. It's in their youtube video somewhere if you want to see it. In general dealer PPF is going to be thinner than Xpel/Kavaca/Suntek.
the dealer here is using xpel
Sponsored