What colors/colours are you most interested in for the new Supra?

• Red

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • White

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Black

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Gray

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Green

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
With a little tweaking I think it'd look excellent.

But if targa was default, I'd be checking the targa delete box if available.
My sentiments exactly.

Adds too much weight to get the looks...that's if they try to shoot for the stiffness comparable to the hardtop.

NeroZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S Release Series 1
My sentiments exactly.

Adds too much weight to get the looks...that's if they try to shoot for the stiffness comparable to the hardtop.
Not necessarily more weight if the car is designed from the ground up to be a convertible also. Then it won't have to have added stiffening components later for a convertible/targa. Targa could possibly be even lighter with its roof removed than the coupe in that case.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Not necessarily more weight if the car is designed from the ground up to be a convertible also. Then it won't have to have added stiffening components later for a convertible/targa. Targa could possibly be even lighter with its roof removed than the coupe in that case.
Anytime you cut an opening in a closed tubular structure, you make it torsionly more flexible and you have to increase the reinforcing around the opening. the extra reinforcing adds weight.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
In that case, the coupe is going to be unnecessarily overbuilt and thus overweight.

Also the removable roof itself is going to necessarily be heavier than its fixed counterpart, having its own additional set of latches, seals, etc. in addition to any reinforcement. Plus, all that weight is at the top of the car.

Anytime you cut an opening in a closed tubular structure, you make it torsionly more flexible and you have to increase the reinforcing around the opening. the extra reinforcing adds weight.
Exactly.

Even if the weight isn't that big of a deal, I just don't care for a convertible or open roof.

I'd rather the added stiffness, less noise, possibly more attractive roofline, one less thing to creak and leak and maintain, possibly more headroom, less cost, etc.

I traveled several hundred miles to find my current car because most cars that were closer had the sunroof option instead of the OEM carbon fiber roof. That's just me though.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
compare to the original

toyota.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Most guys ordering GT3's, order with sunroof delete option. It also has a better resale since it's supposed to target more serious audience...

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
compare to the original

toyota-jpg.jpg

Nice comparo pics. Similar colors really show how well the designers kept the Supra spirit and overall impression in the FT-1. Great modern interpretation. FT-1 looks tighter and sportier because of those short overhangs compared to the MKIV :thumbsup:

And the FT-1 looks sick as a targa! :bow:

Hans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 IS-F
Nice comparo pics. Similar colors really show how well the designers kept the Supra spirit and overall impression in the FT-1. Great modern interpretation. FT-1 looks tighter and sportier because of those short overhangs compared to the MKIV :thumbsup:

And the FT-1 looks sick as a targa! :bow:
Small overhangs are one of the best design aspects of the FT-1. Really hope they keep those for production model. Makes driveways and ramps easier too :)
Sponsored