MKVI Supra - What would you like to see in a future Supra?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
If Toyota made a MKVI Supra, what would you like to see in a future Supra?

***Please don't start attacks or flame wars in this thread.***

Examples:
- Country of Origin (Japan, Europe, USA)
- Powertrain (Inline Six turbo, V6 turbo, Inline Four turbo, Hyrbid, etc...)
- Collaborations (Yamaha, GR, etc...)
- Styling Queues (MKII, MKIII, MKIV, or MKV queues)
- Brakes (Brembo, Akibono, GR Sumitomo, etc...)
- Active Aero (rear spoiler, front lip, mirrors, etc...)
- Seats (two or four)
- Carbon Fiber (side skirts, wing, diffuser, lip, etc...)
- Interior (MKII, MKIII, MKIV, or MKV layout queues)
- Wheels (BBS Forged, etc...)
- Dimensions (L x W x H)
- Tech (Airplay, Android Auto, etc....)
- Safety (Lane Assist, Brake Assist, etc...)
- Other (Misc... manual transmission, multi-link suspension, tires, etc....)
Sponsored

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Not exactly what I want, but I believe the MKVI as an EV would be something Iā€™d buy. It would definitely make it easier to swallow the inevitable EV pillā€¦

Styling queue/reference:
1656888010650.jpeg

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Honestly, I would love it if they went electric. Itā€™s going to happen eventually. If it is still a 2 seat performance car, why not call it a Supra? Toyota can show the rest of the industry that an EV doesnā€™t have to be an SUV that can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds but tops out at 100mph. Gazoo Racing is doing some awesome stuff, Iā€™d trust them if they put their name on an electric Supra!

Things change and people will complain but letā€™s be honest, people will complain no matter what Toyota does. I am looking forward to the day when the EV market finally has a great handling and relatively affordable sports car. If itā€™s around the same size as the MKV, handles well, and is quick around a track, put an iconic name on it like ā€˜Supraā€™ and Iā€™m happy. We can at least be glad itā€™s not an SUV called a Supra Mach-E šŸ™„

To keep it something that is called a Supra, it should be a driver-centric 2 seater. I love the MKV interior but I would love to see a modern take on a MKIV interior.

I would also love it if it was able to keep the weight down (but I realize this is difficult for an EV - at least for now). The car industry is going through the biggest change in decades. Yes, enthusiasts will hate that a Supra might weigh 4000 lbs, but this is like an entirely new industry. If we are going to have lightweight EV sports cars, we first need to have the heavy ones until the technology catches up. It sucks but itā€™s a necessary step. Delaying the move to EV sports cars only slows progress that can be made in this technology.

In terms of country of origin, partnerships, carbon fibre, etc - whatever makes it easiest for Toyota to keep the car safe, reliable, relatively affordable, and supported for years after its release.

This is what I would likeā€¦ I may be in the minority.

OP
OP
PerformanceSound

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I would love it if they went electric. Itā€™s going to happen eventually. If it is still a 2 seat performance car, why not call it a Supra? Toyota can show the rest of the industry that an EV doesnā€™t have to be an SUV that can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds but tops out at 100mph. Gazoo Racing is doing some awesome stuff, Iā€™d trust them if they put their name on an electric Supra!

Things change and people will complain but letā€™s be honest, people will complain no matter what Toyota does. I am looking forward to the day when the EV market finally has a great handling and relatively affordable sports car. If itā€™s around the same size as the MKV, handles well, and is quick around a track, put an iconic name on it like ā€˜Supraā€™ and Iā€™m happy. We can at least be glad itā€™s not an SUV called a Supra Mach-E šŸ™„

To keep it something that is called a Supra, it should be a driver-centric 2 seater. I love the MKV interior but I would love to see a modern take on a MKIV interior.

I would also love it if it was able to keep the weight down (but I realize this is difficult for an EV - at least for now). The car industry is going through the biggest change in decades. Yes, enthusiasts will hate that a Supra might weigh 4000 lbs, but this is like an entirely new industry. If we are going to have lightweight EV sports cars, we first need to have the heavy ones until the technology catches up. It sucks but itā€™s a necessary step. Delaying the move to EV sports cars only slows progress that can be made in this technology.

In terms of country of origin, partnerships, carbon fibre, etc - whatever makes it easiest for Toyota to keep the car safe, reliable, relatively affordable, and supported for years after its release.

This is what I would likeā€¦ I may be in the minority.
To be honest, I don't think an all EV will be branded a Toyota....that may very well be a Lexus exclusive. The furthest a MKVI Supra would go in terms of electrification would be hybrid. Just my "two cents." Yamaha's EV system is pricey....and I don't think Toyota buyers will pay the premium to be honest.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
To be honest, I don't think an all EV will be branded a Toyota....that may very well be a Lexus exclusive. The furthest a MKVI Supra would go in terms of electrification would be hybrid. Just my "two cents." Yamaha's EV system is pricey....and I don't think Toyota buyers will pay the premium to be honest.
Yeah, I knew it was unlikely - particularly from a price perspective - but still what Iā€™d like to see. If it canā€™t be full electric, Iā€™d rather it keep an I6 for the cost, simplicity, and lighter weight than a hybrid system.

An electric Lexus EV sports car would be cool but just keeps the trend of very expensive EVā€™s going. Maybe Toyota will bring back the MR2 as an affordable EVā€¦ it has to happen eventually. Weā€™re into the second decade of modern EVā€™s and nothing even close to an affordable, enthusiast carā€¦ SUV after SUV in the $50-$60k range. Itā€™s sad when one of the most ā€œenthusiastā€ EV options in this price range is a Kia SUV.

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Only requirements for me
  1. Mod friendly - this is what makes it a Supra
  2. Class competitive performance (stock) (towards the top of its ā€˜classā€™)
  3. Affordable - keep it in this price range
other than that, I donā€™t really care about the following:
  • Where it was made/engineered
  • Who made it/engineered it
  • Powertrain
  • Cargo carrying capacity
  • How many seats/seatbelts it has
  • Whether itā€™s a Sports car or gran tourer again

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
2-seater EV with unique styling
AWD for performance figures with ability to go RWD for fun
Deep integration with Apple CarPlay (and whatever android offers for cars)
Much better sound system
Some sort of EV equivalent of engine noise with customizable tone/volume from silent to ridiculous

Iā€™ll take all this in a sport sedan, too. Just donā€™t call it a Supra.