@mkvpham 2020 Supra Build

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Nice car. Fawk, I don’t know what some of you guys do for work, but I make more than $500k/yr and would not be able to spend like this on a hobby. I’m happy that you are able to live life for the rest of us.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Nice car. Fawk, I don’t know what some of you guys do for work, but I make more than $500k/yr and would not be able to spend like this on a hobby. I’m happy that you are able to live life for the rest of us.
I mean, not to get into financial whatever it is, but since you brought it up... I'm in the same boat as you, income-wise. Figure 100k/year for race car shit, and still 400k/year for the rest of whatever. I live in a major city, have kids, etc. the whole bit.

Everyone spends money differently, but if you can't figure out how to afford to put money into a car, and still live on a salary like that, maybe you need to take some sort of financial course.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
I mean, not to get into financial whatever it is, but since you brought it up... I'm in the same boat as you, income-wise. Figure 100k/year for race car shit, and still 400k/year for the rest of whatever. I live in a major city, have kids, etc. the whole bit.

Everyone spends money differently, but if you can't figure out how to afford to put money into a car, and still live on a salary like that, maybe you need to take some sort of financial course.
Yea, maybe I need some help. On the other hand, maybe you need help, too. Can’t say that I agree with spending 20% of income on a hobby (ie. Racecar).

OP
OP
digatron

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
Yea, maybe I need some help. On the other hand, maybe you need help, too. Can’t say that I agree with spending 20% of income on a hobby (ie. Racecar).
I would also say that there are a lot of variables. If your investments are good, your retirement is on track, everyone has their own limit of what a particular hobby brings to their life. Me personally, house paid off, no kids, stable job, and assets, I can splurge my 25k a year on race car shit because it’s part of my healthy mental hit to do what I enjoy while also working hard and progressing in other aspects of life. It’s kind of a to each their own ordeal, not everyone has the same justifiable spending habits, income, financial responsibilities.

I will also add that Motorsports is not for the feint of heart. Shit breaks, consumables are expensive, and entry fees/etc add up. There’s a line of enjoyment, and being serious into Motorsports. One direction is a lot lighter financially than the other.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
Where did you get pulled over that required another state ref inspection? I ask because I've been pulled over TWICE in Newport Beach and I'm stock LOL.

*knocks on wood* I have better lucky in most other LA Coutny Cities, but OC is pretty bad.
Sponsored