MY 2025?

DisMahhhlon

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium MT Supra
My Supra is supposed to arrive on the 28th. Kinda hoping they don't announce anything to special lol. I tried holding out but these price increases are brutal. A targa and/or return of the Phantom Gray would pretty much be the only things I'd regret missing out on.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Now I'm not sure if I am tripping but I am pretty sure someone posted a screenshot to this thread of a MY25 ordering screen. Maybe they deleted it soon after?

Again, if I'm not completely off my head and this actually happened, this screenshot looked like the US standard colours for 2025 will remain unchanged: Nothing new and nothing taken away.

Now if I was tripping, well.. shit.

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Now I'm not sure if I am tripping but I am pretty sure someone posted a screenshot to this thread of a MY25 ordering screen. Maybe they deleted it soon after?

Again, if I'm not completely off my head and this actually happened, this screenshot looked like the US standard colours for 2025 will remain unchanged: Nothing new and nothing taken away.

Now if I was tripping, well.. shit.
You're not tripping. I saw the post you're describing yesterday.

Unless we're BOTH tripping? 🍄🍄🍄

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I was having dinner with a few friends last night, one of them being Ted - you may know him as Tetsuo Ogawa. I brought up the 2025 Supra in the conversation to see what I could get out of him.

The only thing he could really say is that there will be more information released in two weeks from today and they will be releasing one new color - Prismatic Illusion Purple in honor of @zrk . One more thing he added was Toyota is releasing a flow chart detailing what oil you should use per performance stage you're on.

He did hint at a targa top version with the S58 package, but I'm not sure about that; Ted is such a jokester.
Oh man, if Prismatic Illusion Purple is an option on the non-special edition Supra I'll be all over that. I'm trying to cross off colors from my bucket list and Purple is still on there and not easy to cross off.

If the current colors are all that is being kept, I'll settle on the blue. I wouldn't mind the yellow coming back, and of course a nice green would be amazing (especially if you could get a nice medium brown interior to add to it).

I attempted to put a deposit down on a Supra with the intention on taking delivery between February-May of 2025, but my dealer told me to wait until the fall. I'll be disappointed if I can't source a manual one. My plan is to put a deposit down on a Supra in September with strict guidelines on what I'll accept. If by April of 2025 I haven't heard anything from the dealer I'll be putting a deposit down on a Civic Type R and taking whichever comes first. Then I'll have to shop for a RWD sports car on the used market, likely an older Cayman or C6/7 Vette.

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
Oh man, if Prismatic Illusion Purple is an option on the non-special edition Supra I'll be all over that. I'm trying to cross off colors from my bucket list and Purple is still on there and not easy to cross off.

If the current colors are all that is being kept, I'll settle on the blue. I wouldn't mind the yellow coming back, and of course a nice green would be amazing (especially if you could get a nice medium brown interior to add to it).

I attempted to put a deposit down on a Supra with the intention on taking delivery between February-May of 2025, but my dealer told me to wait until the fall. I'll be disappointed if I can't source a manual one. My plan is to put a deposit down on a Supra in September with strict guidelines on what I'll accept. If by April of 2025 I haven't heard anything from the dealer I'll be putting a deposit down on a Civic Type R and taking whichever comes first. Then I'll have to shop for a RWD sports car on the used market, likely an older Cayman or C6/7 Vette.
My advice to you, if you want a specific color, put deposits down at multiple dealers. The dealers receive 1 or 2 allocations of Supra per year and they don't chose the color, Toyota sends them whatever they want.

I've been waiting waiting for a MT Supra in a Montreal dealership for 2 years now and they still have not come to my name and they most likely won't even get the color that I want when comes to my turn. Got fed up and found a CU Later one in Toronto that I should take delivery tomorrow.

And I'm not talking out of my ass, it's my third toyota within a year (GR Corolla, GR86, and GR Supra) and the experience has been painful every step....

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
I recommend hunting the dealer inventory system on Toyotas site. I waited 2 years with multiple deposits and nothing… I finally found the spec I wanted on inventory when a new batch seemed to hit the inventory system. then I called the dealer and it was not reserved. Put a deposit on it for msrp. They had No list which was awesome. Just got it home yesterday.

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
seems like you are in the US, the market is very different from the Canadian market.

Canada receives a lot less allocations, barely a handful of dealers have allocations that are not already spoken for and usually they are for generic colors (white, black).

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
My advice to you, if you want a specific color, put deposits down at multiple dealers. The dealers receive 1 or 2 allocations of Supra per year and they don't chose the color, Toyota sends them whatever they want.

I've been waiting waiting for a MT Supra in a Montreal dealership for 2 years now and they still have not come to my name and they most likely won't even get the color that I want when comes to my turn. Got fed up and found a CU Later one in Toronto that I should take delivery tomorrow.

And I'm not talking out of my ass, it's my third toyota within a year (GR Corolla, GR86, and GR Supra) and the experience has been painful every step....
Agreed, and that's how I felt and why I was attempting to put a deposit down a year in advance. The local dealer here actually owns multiple dealers in the region that sell Supras so they should have access to more. They don't sell all that quickly in his market either, they had a manual black one for months prior to selling.

My requirements is mostly about price and the requirement of a manual transmission. I'll give them my choices of colors that I'd prefer but I won't turn down one that comes in that meets all my other needs.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
My Supra is supposed to arrive on the 28th. Kinda hoping they don't announce anything to special lol. I tried holding out but these price increases are brutal. A targa and/or return of the Phantom Gray would pretty much be the only things I'd regret missing out on.
Not gonna lie, even as a CU Later Gray owner, the only other options I wish I could have had are the spoiler on the 45th anniversary or a Targa top if it is released in 2026. I was always a huge fan of the 90’s MKIV targa tops and S2000s. I honestly don’t think Toyota or BMW plan on doing much after introducing the manual and in 2025/2026 introducing this rumored GRMN with a slightly tuned B58. Unfortunately hate to break it to anyone, these sports cars aren’t money makers for most companies. The money is in SUVs and Sedans.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Also...

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/04/c...orvettes-as-supra-z-gr86-mx-5-combined-in-q1/

Looks like the C8 is the automotive "me too" movement. Lol. 🙄 😂
These numbers are controversial because some people say that Toyota and Magna Styer have not built enough MKVs (as you can tell from the people on this forum who have been waiting for their orders) or that the MKV is just priced too high for a GT car. These types of articles also lead to people saying the GR86 or the MX-5 are way better cars than the MKV and it’s not that simple of a comparison. My neighbor got a 2023 MX-5 in black manual and he likes my car better but he just didn’t want to go above a $50k price point. Those new Corvettes look nice. Only time will tell if those Vettes will be around in the next 5-7 years.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
These numbers are controversial because some people say that Toyota and Magna Styer have not built enough MKVs (as you can tell from the people on this forum who have been waiting for their orders) or that the MKV is just priced too high for a GT car. These types of articles also lead to people saying the GR86 or the MX-5 are way better cars than the MKV and it’s not that simple of a comparison. My neighbor got a 2023 MX-5 in black manual and he likes my car better but he just didn’t want to go above a $50k price point. Those new Corvettes look nice. Only time will tell if those Vettes will be around in the next 5-7 years.
I don't think it's as controversial as it's missing a lot more variables.

You can only buy what they produce. But that also depends if those numbers are actual deliveries or just orders.

The price of the MKV was reasonable, and considering the rest of the M-line, it still is. Granted I bought my MKV new back in August of 2020 for $49k OTD. Whether inflation or production numbers are to blame, it's hard to find one now for under $60k. The C8 has done the opposite - they went from low production numbers and astronomical ADMs to huge production and near MSRP pricing.

FWIW, I had an MX-5, BRZ and even an S2000 in the past. Great, fun cars, but definitely underpowered for the street. I drove a '22 C8 and was not "$80k" impressed. My '20 Supra still brings a smile to my face every time I get in it 4 years later.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I was having dinner with a few friends last night, one of them being Ted - you may know him as Tetsuo Ogawa. I brought up the 2025 Supra in the conversation to see what I could get out of him.

The only thing he could really say is that there will be more information released in two weeks from today and they will be releasing one new color - Prismatic Illusion Purple in honor of @zrk . One more thing he added was Toyota is releasing a flow chart detailing what oil you should use per performance stage you're on.

He did hint at a targa top version with the S58 package, but I'm not sure about that; Ted is such a jokester.
If you make it out to Chicago, I'll definitely buy the dinner.
Sponsored