My JB4 guys

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
So got mine installed I like it alot honestly. From those still using it what gains are you seeing from it with what mods? I'm on map 3, but it's kinda hard to see which mods support which maps. I brought 2 tunes from Jesse today so I'll get that going soon. Kinda wanted some other perspectives on using it. Cause the member market is now flooding with them for sale.
Sponsored

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Yeah like @zrk said, around 500 is what you can get. I just moved and spent the last 3 weeks driving in Map 2 on 93. The car was still fun, but it lacked something. This past weekend I finally got to an e85 station and got back to about an e50 blend and topped off my Methanol then changed it back to Map 6. Oh man, that was what I was missing! So much better! I've been running tunes with Jesse for quite a while. I have several YouTube videos on the subject. If you've got any questions, fire away!

Pito

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 1993 RX-7, 1991 MR-2 Turbo
So got mine installed I like it alot honestly. From those still using it what gains are you seeing from it with what mods? I'm on map 3, but it's kinda hard to see which mods support which maps. I brought 2 tunes from Jesse today so I'll get that going soon. Kinda wanted some other perspectives on using it. Cause the member market is now flooding with them for sale.
I'd hop off map 3 and back to map 2. Some have had problems. Even to the point of blowing turbos. Stick to map 2 until Jesse dials you in. His tune is enough for me to wait it out until cloning becomes a bit less expensive and time consuming.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
How are you guys running more than 25-30% ethanol? What are your injector duty cycles?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'd hop off map 3 and back to map 2. Some have had problems. Even to the point of blowing turbos. Stick to map 2 until Jesse dials you in. His tune is enough for me to wait it out until cloning becomes a bit less expensive and time consuming.
Seconded here -- plenty of folks on the bimmer forums with blown turbos on map3. Especially since WA is 92 octane. You probably want to get a 91 tune from Jesse for pump gas.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
How are you guys running more than 25-30% ethanol? What are your injector duty cycles?
Since these are DI, you need to look at fuel pressure as the HPFP has a hard time keeping up on higher levels of ethanol, which will drop the fuel pressure.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah like @zrk said, around 500 is what you can get. I just moved and spent the last 3 weeks driving in Map 2 on 93. The car was still fun, but it lacked something. This past weekend I finally got to an e85 station and got back to about an e50 blend and topped off my Methanol then changed it back to Map 6. Oh man, that was what I was missing! So much better! I've been running tunes with Jesse for quite a while. I have several YouTube videos on the subject. If you've got any questions, fire away!
Think I follow ur YouTube channel car looks familiar, Map 3 seems choppy, sometimes it's easy on throttle response other times requires alot of pedal input to get going then its abrupt.,

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for that switching now

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Def

What I'm looking for e50 would be easier for me to keep up with but did buy a e analyzer
You won't be able to keep the car running safely on E50. You'll run way lean.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since these are DI, you need to look at fuel pressure as the HPFP has a hard time keeping up on higher levels of ethanol, which will drop the fuel pressure.
Even at these power levels?

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You won't be able to keep the car running safely on E50. You'll run way lean.
Ok gotcha so e40 would be pushing it, and e30 is safer then that?
Sponsored