My Manual is here! First customer MT in the world

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
It's the same reason everyone hates the engine noises pumped in by the speakers.

They're both obnoxious and fake. There's no reason for the car to be backfiring other than the shitty tune.

I don't mind loud exhausts at all when they sound good, but the crackle tunes are the equivalent of people cutting off their exhausts on stock civics just to be loud.
This.

When my A80 gets nice and Hot, it will let off a few pops and the odd flame between gearchanges. Sometimes a burble on overrun.

But the crackles pops and bangs on all new cars is annoying and not unique.

An inline six is one of the best sounding engines, especially a BMW one. That's what we want to hear on overrun, not *big Shaq*
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Once you put an intake on it, it will probably sound like the automatics do when you let off the gas under high boost. It's almost a compressor surge sound because of the way the b58 releases excess pressure through the cylinders rather than using a CBV/BOV.

That just sounds like the wastegate being forced open. I've heard turbo cars with no diverter valves making that same noise. If we don't have one either, I'd assume that's what it is.

As for cracks and pops, I'd love for my car to not make those, please. This car is far too nice to be associated with a BRZ or Focus RS.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
i'd love to see a video of sport vs regular like others were mentioning. also thoughts on jbl speakers? is it any different than previous models?
Def the same still suck

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Okay Iā€™ve been driving it here are some more thoughts

The trans is not rubbery like bmw models
It will def let off the occasional pop and bang but not as many as the 2020 models
The rest of the exhaust is very quiet and is my gonna be my first mod
The intake and turbo sounds much louder and does more surge and sneeze will install my HKS tonight probably
The 1-2 is a little jerky but in getting the hang out of it
The car is quick but the power delivery is very different then the auto I still think auto is quicker
The matte white is 10/10 and interior is wow
The steering feels much better and sharper: diff is tuned better forsure
Suspension feels soft forsure
The auto rev match is 7/10, porsche is better
It Chirps 1-2-3rd
The jbl sounds just as terrible as it did on my 2020

062C1564-91ED-4625-891B-875FF309D1D6.jpeg

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
I sat in one today and the clutch was lighter than what I like but didnā€™t feel overly springy which is good. I canā€™t stand the clutch in my wifeā€™s 21 WRX. It wants to spring right at the engagement point and is very hard to drive smooth.

The shifter felt pretty good stock but I need to dial in my seating position more. I didnā€™t have time to mess with it much but the shifter position felt a little awkward to me.

So overall do you feel like the manual version of the car lives up to your expectations and was the right choice?

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I sat in one today and the clutch was lighter than what I like but didnā€™t feel overly springy which is good. I canā€™t stand the clutch in my wifeā€™s 21 WRX. It wants to spring right at the engagement point and is very hard to drive smooth.

The shifter felt pretty good stock but I need to dial in my seating position more. I didnā€™t have time to mess with it much but the shifter position felt a little awkward to me.

So overall do you feel like the manual version of the car lives up to your expectations and was the right choice?
Honestly I need to put a few hundred more miles to decide, when I took it home I was actually a little upset, now driving it more Iā€™m starting to really like it

AHHH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you tell us if there is wired Android Auto functionality? Some articles seem to think the 2023 model does - other ones have the same copy paste "no Android Auto" blurb

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
For everyone asking for the brace part number or the ones saying itā€™s photoshopped lol. Here
4C403DF6-2E18-4249-A12C-6614BA78D74C.jpeg
7EF4A08E-C6A6-470E-BC2F-6250BE1DA8F3.jpeg

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
50 miles update. HKS intake installed, eventuri carbon etc etc, sounds awesome with the manual, super loud. Wasnā€™t sure before but def some weird tuning issue 1-2nd at 1500 rpm that causes the car to buck pretty bad at a certain throttle, pretty annoying happens almost every time.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
50 miles update. HKS intake installed, eventuri carbon etc etc, sounds awesome with the manual, super loud. Wasnā€™t sure before but def some weird tuning issue 1-2nd at 1500 rpm that causes the car to buck pretty bad at a certain throttle, pretty annoying happens almost every time.
Does it behave similar to a DCT bucking around?

-RJM

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Does it behave similar to a DCT bucking around?

-RJM
Yes kinda like my M DCT m4 if I didnā€™t apply enough throttle but only for half a second

sirupytugboat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic
Interesting. Is this the main issue that made you a bit upset when you were driving it home? Or was there something else?

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Interesting. Is this the main issue that made you a bit upset when you were driving it home? Or was there something else?
Nah the main issue was the dealerships 3rd party insurance broker who took it upon himself to take my paperwork from me and try to threaten to not let me leave with my car without buying his insurance and when explaining I already added it to my policy using it as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, age, and make snarky comments. Plus 45 mins of rush hour traffic
Sponsored