Navigation not loading after software recall

SupraFlea

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2018 4Runner TRD PRO 2007 FJ Cruiser
Same thing happened to me. Had the recall done and nav won’t load and split screen option can’t be selected (stuck on full screen) Service called me and said head unit might need to be swapped out. Other than that, everything worked but what an inconvenience.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 4runner, Prius
Well just got off the phone with the Service Advisor and they have to replace the head unit. They have submitted the order for it and will advise on eta when they get more information. They are saying I must have had a bad unit all along, but I personally think this software upgrade caused it. In the meantime, the car is good to go, I just have no navigation. Once the replacement comes in, they will set up an appointment for me to have it installed.
Thanks for the update. Not surprised to hear this as a number of other Supra's had there head unit replaced.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Just had the recall done yesterday. I have the same problem. The dealership has done two other Supras with no issues. My Navi is gone. I am guessing I need a new head unit now?? Wonderful.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Thanks for the update. Not surprised to hear this as a number of other Supra's had there head unit replaced.
Add me to the body count. Just got back from the stealership and navi is fried. New head unit on order.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Two of my local Supra buddies have trashed headunits too as a result of the recall.

On one Supra they also broke a wire when changing the cabin air filter. His Supra will be at the dealer for weeks. They put him in a Corolla loaner. He’s loving life.
Do you recall which dealership they went to for the recall?

I’m scheduled to have the update performed at RR Toyota this weekend. I’ve spoken with the Supra tech there and he’s the only one I trust with my MKV.

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I finally brought it to another dealership with 2 Supra techs. After keeping it overnight, I was told they ordered a new head unit. Waiting for it to arrive so they can replace it.

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Well I finally brought it to another dealership with 2 Supra techs. After keeping it overnight, I was told they ordered a new head unit. Waiting for it to arrive so they can replace it.
Keep us updated when it comes in and how the install goes. I have been into the dealership twice for the replacement but ran into issues with the wrong head unit being sent both times. First time they received a non nav unit, and the second time my original head unit has an electrical connector the replacement didn't. Tech and parts department still are unsure why the difference. So I am still waiting for the proper head unit to be sent and this has been happening since October.

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Keep us updated when it comes in and how the install goes. I have been into the dealership twice for the replacement but ran into issues with the wrong head unit being sent both times. First time they received a non nav unit, and the second time my original head unit has an electrical connector the replacement didn't. Tech and parts department still are unsure why the difference. So I am still waiting for the proper head unit to be sent and this has been happening since October.
Wow, this is crazy. They should be able to get the correct unit based on the year and version. Are there differences between each year? I hope I don't have to go through the same issues. I'll keep you posted.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I had the same issue. The correct unit is not in the standard parts catalog with navi. They had to call Toyota directly to order the right part number. I am fixed and back to normal with the recall and upgrades complete.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Wow, this is crazy. They should be able to get the correct unit based on the year and version. Are there differences between each year? I hope I don't have to go through the same issues. I'll keep you posted.
Differences in the head unit if you have navi or not. One had three ports in the rear, the other four. Navi has four. Might want to give the stealership a heads up so they don't order the wrong part and waste your time.

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Differences in the head unit if you have navi or not. One had three ports in the rear, the other four. Navi has four. Might want to give the stealership a heads up so they don't order the wrong part and waste your time.
Will do and thanks for the update.

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
THanks!

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
My dealership did four so far and two needed new head units, mine one of those. Batting .500

SVR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I had the recall done today at dealership , the navigation stopped working also

OP
OP
Supraf512

Supraf512

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had the recall done today at dealership , the navigation stopped working also
It seems this is a common issue. I wonder what % of Supra's have had this issue?
Sponsored