SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
Hello all!

I purchased a 2020 Supra 3.0 a couple of weeks back. I love the car! However, I got the car aligned and the results were odd. The car is on stock suspension but the negative camber on the front left wheel is a lot. The technician told me I would need aftermarket parts to adjust the front camber to make it more align. From my research, these cars should not be able to get to this amount of negative camber on stock suspension. I have verified that the car is indeed on stock suspension and is not lowered by any means. Any hints or guidance will be truly appreciated!

IMG_0171.jpg
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Hello all!

I purchased a 2020 Supra 3.0 a couple of weeks back. I love the car! However, I got the car aligned and the results were odd. The car is on stock suspension but the negative camber on the front left wheel is a lot. The technician told me I would need aftermarket parts to adjust the front camber to make it more align. From my research, these cars should not be able to get to this amount of negative camber on stock suspension. I have verified that the car is indeed on stock suspension and is not lowered by any means. Any hints or guidance will be truly appreciated!

IMG_0171.jpg
Has the car been in an accident? Or struck a curb super hardā€¦.

OP
OP
SikkuSamra

SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
The car came with clean CarFax. So I doubt it. But it could be a possibility.

OP
OP
SikkuSamra

SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
The car also drives perfectly fine. No issues or rattling or anything.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Mine was sitting at around 2.3-2.4 degrees or so when lowered with all other stock parts. 3.8 degrees is extreme and far out of spec for stock suspension, if it really has no camber plates or LCAs and is on the stock springs, I'd be looking for a bent control arm.

OP
OP
SikkuSamra

SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
Mine was sitting at around 2.3-2.4 degrees or so when lowered with all other stock parts. 3.8 degrees is extreme and far out of spec for stock suspension, if it really has no camber plates or LCAs and is on the stock springs, I'd be looking for a bent control arm.

A bent control arm might be the case. The car is still under warranty and I suppose I should have Toyota take a look.

However, I do plan on going lower LOL. Would these suffice if it was a bent control arm for camber adjustment and to replace the bent control arm?

https://speedindustry.com/spl-adjustable-front-lower-control-arms-a90-mkv-supra-gr-2020

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
A bent control arm might be the case. The car is still under warranty and I suppose I should have Toyota take a look.

However, I do plan on going lower LOL. Would these suffice if it was a bent control arm for camber adjustment and to replace the bent control arm?

https://speedindustry.com/spl-adjustable-front-lower-control-arms-a90-mkv-supra-gr-2020
Yes SPL are a common choice, I have them on my car.

Itā€™s also possible there is no problem and the tech just hooked up the equipment wrong, it wouldnā€™t be the first time. There was a user here a few months ago that went to get an alignment and the shop couldnā€™t get anything in spec. They ended up taking it to another shop and it was perfectly fine.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Try another shop. If the same, look for mods or something bent. No way anything oem is allowing those numbers without being altered in some way.

OP
OP
SikkuSamra

SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
Yes SPL are a common choice, I have them on my car.

Itā€™s also possible there is no problem and the tech just hooked up the equipment wrong, it wouldnā€™t be the first time. There was a user here a few months ago that went to get an alignment and the shop couldnā€™t get anything in spec. They ended up taking it to another shop and it was perfectly fine.

I'm sure it's actually -3.8 cause LMAO it def looks like the front left has more camber. All other sides are almost flush and this front left is the only one since I have spacers on.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
This is my alignment settings on stock suspension if this helps. Try another shop.
IMG_0417.jpeg
Sponsored