New A91-CF missing CF rear spoiler

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Yea CF mirror caps are an additional cost option on the CF edition, which literally makes me laugh out loud.
I thought the same initially but due to it being much more expensive than the other special editions and wildly more expensive than a 2.0 model, I think they used the fact that they have always been an optional accessory to their advantage in keeping the base MSRP down rather than change the formula. I mean the spoiler and even the entire 7 piece carbon body kit ended up being optional on probably 25% of the 600 VIN#s for the entire run this really is a small matter.

At least the carbon body kit was designed around functionality and not just for looks.
Sponsored

StAppe

First Name
Steff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR
Update on my A91 ā€“ CF with the missing rear spoiler. After three months, the dealer called me up and said the wing was available. I brought it in. They installed it when I went to pick it up. It was actually an ABS wing. They gave me some excuse that it had to do with missed order of the part number and supply chain issues and that Toyota was hesitant to send out the Carbon Fiber spoiler, which is probably BS. Anyway, they re-ordered the part which should only take a few days to get. I havenā€™t heard for them in about 10 days. The dealer did say they would resolve the problem and get the spoiler and get it installed so Iā€™m being patient. After looking at the window sticker and confirming with the VIN. it is one of the 600 CF additions. However, I did notice that there are no Carbon Fiber mirror caps. Iā€™m not really sure if that was part of the Carbon Fiber package. I canā€™t find any info on this. And yeah hopefully Iā€™ve paid for a model that will increase in value in many years ahead.

I would tell anyone who is running into the same problem to contact Toyota customer engagement center. Persistently follow up with them and the dealership.
Hey man!

Would there be any chance you could share the partsnumber of the spoiler? Would be of very, very great help over here šŸ˜Š.

OP
OP
kat sup

kat sup

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91-CF, 2022 GR86, 2011 EVO X
Hey man!

Would there be any chance you could share the partsnumber of the spoiler? Would be of very, very great help over here šŸ˜Š.
hi, same thing happened to me. They install the wrong ABS rear spoiler the first time
The correct carbon fiber spoiler OEM part number is

#PT967-C1220-09

Beat Patient they get them in stock periodically, but I would keep contacting the parts department weekly as well as Toyota Brand Engagement Center as they will contact your parts department as follow up.

Also, you should have a letter when you purchased the car that says something to the effect that it is back ordered and will be installed on your car when it becomes available. Good luck.
ā€¢

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Which dealership is this? I se you're from NorCal. I was lucky to get my 2021 A91 with the spoiler already installed. Unfortunately, a couple of other A91 owners I know did not get the spoiler installed to supply chain issues. The fact that the dealership tried to install a non CF spoiler is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as when the A91's first came out, it was marketed to have a CF spoiler as well :rolleyes:

OP
OP
kat sup

kat sup

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which dealership is this? I se you're from NorCal. I was lucky to get my 2021 A91 with the spoiler already installed. Unfortunately, a couple of other A91 owners I know did not get the spoiler installed to supply chain issues. The fact that the dealership tried to install a non CF spoiler is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as when the A91's first came out, it was marketed to have a CF spoiler as well :rolleyes:
Envision Toyota in Milpitas was the dealer. I'm not so sure I'd ever buy from them again.

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
Envision Toyota in Milpitas was the dealer. I'm not so sure I'd ever buy from them again.
Envision Milpitas is one of the worst stealerships in the entire country. I'd legit take a bullet before buying anything from there ever.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
That's where i got my A91 but it was before they became Envision when they were still Milpitas Toyota. I went there recently for service and their markups for cars are insane... The stories i gathered from Bay Area Toyota dealerships were all negative. Fremont is on the top of my list of places to never go. Some Supra owners I know ended up purchasing their cars from dealers in the northern states and picking up their cars from the docks on SoCal.

OP
OP
kat sup

kat sup

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right, Piercy used to own the Milpitas dealership before Envision, and they got bought out. Yep, they had a horrible reputation. It appears nothing much has changed. Lesson learned. In the future, agreed, I would likely purchase another Toyota outside the Bay Area. Not just cars, but everything here you pay a premium. The price we pay to live here.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
hi, same thing happened to me. They install the wrong ABS rear spoiler the first time
The correct carbon fiber spoiler OEM part number is

#PT967-C1220-09

Beat Patient they get them in stock periodically, but I would keep contacting the parts department weekly as well as Toyota Brand Engagement Center as they will contact your parts department as follow up.

Also, you should have a letter when you purchased the car that says something to the effect that it is back ordered and will be installed on your car when it becomes available. Good luck.
ā€¢
I'd love an ABS version of this spoiler, not a fan of carbon. Was it a genuine Toyota part? Never seen this before.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I'd love an ABS version of this spoiler, not a fan of carbon. Was it a genuine Toyota part? Never seen this before.
That part number looks like itā€™s the 2021 A91 edition spoiler, itā€™s supposedly carbon, but painted satin black. Have it on my car, itā€™s just satin black no carbon to be seen.

OP
OP
kat sup

kat sup

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That part number looks like itā€™s the 2021 A91 edition spoiler, itā€™s supposedly carbon, but painted satin black. Have it on my car, itā€™s just satin black no carbon to be seen.

#PT967-C1220-09 is the correct CF spoiler part number for the A91-CF.
Trust me I know. I had to do a ton of research to tell the dealership what to order.

The dealership had erroneously installed part PT967-C1212-02 which is an FRP and not the Carbon fiber spoiler. They finally got the right one ordered and installed. It looks much better than the FRP in my opinion but to each his own. Also, it is drilled into place not double-sided tape like a lot of aftermarket and it is a Toyota OEM part according to them. Though they may have had it made by another manufacturer. Good luck!

BRM

First Name
Rueben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, Macan S, Supra A91-CF
#PT967-C1220-09 is the correct CF spoiler part number for the A91-CF.
Trust me I know. I had to do a ton of research to tell the dealership what to order.

The dealership had erroneously installed part PT967-C1212-02 which is an FRP and not the Carbon fiber spoiler. They finally got the right one ordered and installed. It looks much better than the FRP in my opinion but to each his own. Also, it is drilled into place not double-sided tape like a lot of aftermarket and it is a Toyota OEM part according to them. Though they may have had it made by another manufacturer. Good luck!
I've started a CF Edition Registry, as I and another owner I've found did not receive our parts. Please search CF Registry and add your info to it. Maybe we can do something about it as a group. Thanks
Sponsored