New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Keeping in mind that I've never sat in a Porsche let alone driven one, that's unexpectedly high praise. That makes me ecstatic knowing that despite all of its flaws (perceived or otherwise), the Supra is still a great driver's car.

Just saw your comment. It is on point but you rally should try and get some wheel time
in a 911 and also in a Cayman to realize how good and practical these things are. The issue
is when making any comparison, to consider all factors, plusses and minusses. My opinion
was stated with this consideration: I effectively have been priced out of the new 911 market,
no question about that. I can no longer reasonably afford a new 911 especially in our current
situation in the USA.

The next option is what is and has long been considered by the automotive press as the best
sport car dollar for dollar and one that has been compared rather favorable to a 911 and even been the subject of a conspiracy according to which, Porsche deliberately undepowers
the Cayman so as not to infringe on 911 turf.

I have driven both a new 911 and the 718 Cayman. For me, if I had the means, a new 911 S
would be the ticket... My experience with the 718 Cayman left me underwhelmed, Yes it handled like a Porsche, took curves like a Porsche should, but there were too many objectionable features for my taste. The bottom line for me is this: I can live with the Supra's
shortcomings better than I can with the 718 Cayman's.

It is the overall package and price that wins it for for the Supra in my opinion. No more, no less... Some features are better in one than the other but taken as a whole, with price bweing the determinant factor, the Supra Prem is better than the 718 Cayman.
Sponsored

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
Hey A90 family,

Haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet, but I purchased my 2020 A90 back on June of 2020. Its recieved a Nose+ Xpel PPF and rest of the car Gyeon Quartz ceramic coated. Its been a blast to drive this whole summer...Side note this week I picked up a 2021 Stinger GT2 Micro Blue for the family. That's a nice ride too.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Welcome.

I was ok with the plate placement. There really isn't an ideal place for it, and I preferred the tow bar going where the tow bar should go.

For the last year, car itself has been both a good drive and you get alot of interested randoms asking about it.

Worst part for me, is the bass for the sound system causing rattles... unless fixed.

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
Update: I was told the miles were from the owner of the trading dealership taking it home over the weekend, 20 miles away from that dealership and that the car was driven carefully. There's no way to know for sure, of course, and I'll chalk this up to honest mistake at this point. My salesperson didn't double check things, but then again, neither did I. The inspection papers I glossed over clearly stated 87 miles and the inspection sticker oddly had that written on the back of it as well.

I'm racking up the break-in miles (at 700 already) and I'm just taking this as it is. I'm planning on having an oil analysis done after the break-in and at 5000 miles, and expect to change the oil at 5000, which has been my max for any of my cars. At this point, I see no reason to get uptight about this unless the oil analysis shows something significantly unusual.

P.S.: My navigation is still not working and I'm waiting on the service department. That was a hassle for the 300+ miles I put on last weekend, but otherwise not a big deal.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Hello everyone! Iā€™ve been lurking on the forums since Toyota announced the return of the Supra. Originally I was going to wait for a 2021 model for the upgrades, but I was able to get a 2020 model for around $9.5k off and that was a deal too hard to pass up.

My previous car was a 2015 BRZ that was a blast to drive, albeit painfully slow. That was was 6MT so I was the only one that could drive it. We test drove a Supra a few months ago and we both loved it. My wife was happy that this was a car she could drive as well.

So today my wife and I flew to NY to pick up our turbulence grey 3.0 premium from Maguires Toyota. The dealer was great to work with however I was a little upset that the navigation wasnā€™t connected after I specifically asked that they confirm that it was working because I know it can take a while to get set up. Apparently they said it was, but then realized when I got there that it wasnā€™t. They went through the PDI process again and still couldnā€™t get it set up. So now my navigation is stuck on the ā€œneed usb codeā€ prompt. And I told the sales guy Iā€™d be going on a road trip from NY back to Florida with stops along the way. The Supra connect app works, just not the navigation. He says itā€™ll start working sometime along the way. I know thatā€™s not true. Well at least I have Apple CarPlay for now.

We taped up the front of the car with Traktape to protect from any rock chips or bug splatters. So now weā€™re on our road trip back home stopping at some national parks and tail of the dragon on the wag back to South Florida.
D3BB602D-7967-4D51-9759-AFF05794F40C.jpeg
6EEECAB2-1B15-4D21-B1C6-2B602F1E1B60.jpeg
2114903E-DA96-4E2D-A24C-C3E03A668189.jpeg
C62069B7-1BD9-4FFB-B01D-04C6C20E1276.jpeg
FB8CDAAC-0564-4295-B83E-E3781C71F4F3.jpeg
11595604-62C6-40C0-9498-285A258C58B8.jpeg
31D387A7-8981-4683-B177-5CBA09A4C374.jpeg

Samk_AR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Cayman S, 04 4runner, 17 Subauru FXT, etc...
I'm still searching. Congrats on the deal!

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
The nav cannot be activated until the car is sold because there are some free trials associated with it that start upon activation. also unless things changed, bmw does not provide activation codes on the weekend. The activation is independent from the pid. i went through the same thing

WLDMKV

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GTS
Hi, looks great and I even think I saw your lovely black Supra in Morningside, Brisbane delearship a couple of weeks ago awaiting collection? Looked awesome if it was yours!
Iā€™m hopefully picking mine up in Goodwood Grey next week and was wondering if when moving your existing front plate mount there were any drill holes visible in the body that needed work?
Thanks for the good post, I never gave that a lot of thought until now. But like the new look.
There are. Thankfully the black hides a lot but I will be getting this fixed at some point... sigh

WLDMKV

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GTS
Welcome.

I was ok with the plate placement. There really isn't an ideal place for it, and I preferred the tow bar going where the tow bar should go.

For the last year, car itself has been both a good drive and you get alot of interested randoms asking about it.

Worst part for me, is the bass for the sound system causing rattles... unless fixed.
Oh 100% pretty annoying that Toyota was happy with releasing it with the lack of sound deadening for the plastics near the upgraded subs. This is one of the top to do items on the list.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
The nav cannot be activated until the car is sold because there are some free trials associated with it that start upon activation. also unless things changed, bmw does not provide activation codes on the weekend. The activation is independent from the pid. i went through the same thing
Well the interesting thing is the XM trial stated a few days before I picked it up. (I signed the paperwork on 9/25 and picked it up 10/9). And I was able to register the car with the Supra connect app before I even got there.
Sponsored