New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hello from Colorado! Joined the club yesterday and could not be happier with our decision to wait out the mark ups and purchase at steep discounts! I know the newer and better model is just around the corner, but who cares. This thing has more than enough power. Purchased with the typical " replace battery warning" so that's a bummer. I spent the day cleaning and detailing it cuz the dealer did a crappy job! This will be a fun weekend car for us!
20200524_112048.jpg
Sponsored

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Hi guys, I just signed up and am in the market for a Supra. I'm very much considering trading my 911 for a modern sports car and the Supra is on my short list. With the recent Supra news on the 2021 I'm kinda thinking on trying to leverage a good deal on a 2020 and have a tuner project, or go with a used Cayman S. Still on the fence but I'm scheduling my test drive in a 2020 Supra this week. Anyway I look forward to chatting up the experts on this forum and participating when I can!

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I sat in one of the same color. I'm scheduling a test drive this week I hope. The dealer I went to wants to see my 911 and brought up an auction for my car to generate my trade in value since it's pretty unique.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Hi, I am new. Not to bore you with my background, I am (a guy) just a car enthusiast and weekend bolt-on/detailing hobbist. I enjoy driving fun cars on the streets, not a track guy nor do any competitive driving or car shows.

I have a decent sized finished garage where I keep my cars in and enjoy kicking back in my chair having a cold one listening to music. I've spent most of my covid-19 stay-at-home order in the garage. Never got bored, actually enjoyed it since I had so much time to work on my cars, garage, and house. Fortunately I was able to work from home.

I also have a cool wife (girl, not that it matters) and 2 kids..

Good to meet all of you.

lowlife

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2004 VW R32
Hi all! Just picked my Supra up yesterday. (feels wild typing that sentence out) So far I'm in love with it. I'm located in SE Wisconsin so not exactly a ton of exciting cars running around town. The only Supra I've seen in person was the one I purchased! I come from a huge VW hot hatch background. Had a 2004 VW R32, 83 8V Scirocco and still have my 2012 VW GTI I bought brand new that has since been sentenced to daily duties for the Supra to be pampered. Not going to lie the 0% financing they offered is what finally got me to pull the trigger and I couldn't be any happier!
FCaVogW.jpg

Piotrx21

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First Car TOYOTA GT86 TRD BLUE NEXT Ford Mustang GT350 Next MERCEDES C 43 AMG Supra GR 2020 LE
Witaj, zostałem właścicielem Supra GR LE BLACK! Czekam, jeśli chodzi o mój dom. Jestem drugim właścicielem, który kupiłem na aukcji. Może ktoś zna odpowiedź? VIN WZ1DB4C06LW023011

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Witaj, zostałem właścicielem Supra GR LE BLACK! Czekam, jeśli chodzi o mój dom. Jestem drugim właścicielem, który kupiłem na aukcji. Może ktoś zna odpowiedź? VIN WZ1DB4C06LW023011
Welcome. Congrats!!
Czy znasz numer LE?
Do you know your LE number? :)

Wow! that's a lot of damage. You've got your work cut out for you!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
??????????????
Google Translate: said:
Hello, I became the owner of Supra GR LE BLACK! Waiting for my home. I am the second owner I bought at auction. Maybe someone knows the answer? VIN WZ1DB4C06LW023011
He bought a salvaged one.

Last edited:

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I sat in one of the same color. I'm scheduling a test drive this week I hope. The dealer I went to wants to see my 911 and brought up an auction for my car to generate my trade in value since it's pretty unique.
...so I got my test drive yesterday afternoon. The Supra is certainly a powerful car and that was great, however I found it a little synthetic feeling. Kind of like the car was trying to make you feel fast rather than actually being fast. Not that it's not a fast, capable car rather it was going out of the way to feel like a fast car. Granted my performance history is 3 different Porsches where they tend to deliver performance without a lot of engineered feedback. Anyway, I'm not writing off the Supra, however I told the dealership that if the red one was gone, I'd be OK, the other dealer has a white one and if that one sells, well then I'll be OK.

One of the cars I was considering was the C8 and after driving the Supra yesterday that car is out as the Supra has way more power that I need!
...now if I can deal with the other stuff.

I'm inviting the owners here to please weigh in and see if my first driving impression is just that and not a lasting one. Thanks,

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Porsches where they tend to deliver performance without a lot of engineered feedback.
??? I'm hoping the Porsche's you're speaking of are <1995, otherwise almost all newer cars with some sort of stability/traction control have "engineered feedback". Many people who actually got to drive such cars back in the day where no electronics intervention existed, do miss those cars per their raw performance...

Anyhow, a test driver colleague in I know recently tested the Supra and he praised how balanced the car is on track and how everything flows smoothly. Basically, he couldn't shut up about it. Put a smile to my face!
In short, forget C8, get the Supra :)

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you! I guess what I was referring to was the exhaust pops and such which seem to be synthetic. I'm an engineer also and appreciate the balance of the car.

The C8 has been forgotten!
Sponsored