New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Congrats on the new car! Enjoy!

Awesome color choice, by the way!

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Welcome guys. Tell me, what are the roads like there? Do you have many decent driving roads? I see a lot of National parks in that area.
Pretty good, but youā€™ve got to know where they are else youā€™ll be on something rather narrow!

Funnily enough, for living near each other, I still havenā€™t seen @edz_supra around, I havenā€™t even seen another one on the road yet - thatā€™s even after a trip to Manchester.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Pretty good, but youā€™ve got to know where they are else youā€™ll be on something rather narrow!

Funnily enough, for living near each other, I still havenā€™t seen @edz_supra around, I havenā€™t even seen another one on the road yet - thatā€™s even after a trip to Manchester.
Yeah, the cars are rare here too. I imagine there's even fewer imported into the UK. I finally saw (actually heard) one in my area. I can hear the guy going up and down an adjoining residential street. Kinda annoying actually as he's jumping on and off the gas to get the crackles and fart noises........but he's in a residential area <frown>.

OT: Good luck with your Brexit, whatever happens.

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
After waiting months and hearing virtually nothing from my dealer I received word yesterday that my nocturnal A91 edition had arrived. Picking the car up this evening, photo session Monday and taking on the Southern Express rally next weekend - the timing was perfect!

IMG_5590.jpg

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Was your 911 a PDK? If so, how does it compare to the auto in the Supra?
Yes it was, a 1st gen PDK. Truth is in my opinion, it compared very positively since I thought it was a dual clutch
until I checked...Two different driving philosophies though.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2006 BMW M3 ZCP
Yes it was, a 1st gen PDK. Truth is in my opinion, it compared very positively since I thought it was a dual clutch
until I checked...Two different driving philosophies though.
Wow, quite the endorsement for a torque converter auto! Good to see another North NJ Supra!

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I bet you were elated when you received that phone call! Congrats on the new ride.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
What I have done so far:

1) "discovered" that there are storage pockets on the seat backs. I don't recall that mentioned
in the owner's manual...Very useful.
2) took care of the awful wind problem with windows down by adding a pair of those triangle
deflectors. They change the car. I don't understand how this slipped by the quality control
folks both at Toyota and at BMW...Kind of makes me wonder.

3) I should receive my OBDII reader today to allow me to code out two very annoying features:
the enhanced engine sound in the cabin and the awful auto start/stop.

At the one month mark, I will report here on how it is going. By the way, what kind of winter shoes are
Canadian owners using if any? My car will see year around use like my Porsches did and brilliantly so.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Beautiful picture. Congrats.
Sponsored