New Downpipe on the Market.

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
I just found a place selling some nice looking downpipes. They have a catless and a catted version. Supposed to throw no CEL with the catted version. "No Guarantee" though. The place is H&R Performance. (not associated with H&R Springs).

It is a piece of art, and is very nice. The catted one I received was as nice as any exhaust piece I have ever seen other than a titanium Greddy Exhaust I bought many years ago.

The welds are nice, no burs, and a nice 200 cell high flow race cat. The bracket is attached and it laser cut with nice welds. High quality CNC inlet flange, and 4.5” diameter. I will be installing this beauty this weekend, with a new downpipe gasket to ensure no leaks. Hopefully it fits like a glove, like they assure me it will.

The catted downpipe is on their website for $519 shipped, and seems to me like the best catted downpipe value out there. I will hopefully report success on the install tomorrow or Sunday.

Here is the link to the downpipe I got:

https://handrperformance.com/collec...toyota-gr-supra-4-5-high-flow-catted-downpipe

Here is the link to the catless downpipe:

https://handrperformance.com/collec...ta-gr-supra-4-5-catless-downpipe-for-b58-3-0l

IMG_20210127_080249.jpg

IMG_20210127_080241.jpg

IMG_20210127_080232.jpg

IMG_20210127_080207.jpg
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Wow, at $519, the catted version of their downpipe is $400+ cheaper than everything else I’ve seen on the market, including AA, ETS, etc.

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
I just found a place selling some nice looking downpipes. They have a catless and a catted version. Supposed to throw no CEL with the catted version. "No Guarantee" though. The place is H&R Performance. (not associated with H&R Springs).

It is a piece of art, and is very nice. The catted one I received was as nice as any exhaust piece I have ever seen other than a titanium Greddy Exhaust I bought many years ago.

The welds are nice, no burs, and a nice 200 cell high flow race cat. The bracket is attached and it laser cut with nice welds. High quality CNC inlet flange, and 4.5” diameter. I will be installing this beauty this weekend, with a new downpipe gasket to ensure no leaks. Hopefully it fits like a glove, like they assure me it will.

The catted downpipe is on their website for $519 shipped, and seems to me like the best catted downpipe value out there. I will hopefully report success on the install tomorrow or Sunday.

Here is the link to the downpipe I got:

https://handrperformance.com/collec...toyota-gr-supra-4-5-high-flow-catted-downpipe

Here is the link to the catless downpipe:

https://handrperformance.com/collec...ta-gr-supra-4-5-catless-downpipe-for-b58-3-0l

IMG_20210127_080249.jpg

IMG_20210127_080241.jpg

IMG_20210127_080232.jpg

IMG_20210127_080207.jpg
Tagged for updates.

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So. We got it installed last night. Fitment was very good. There are adjustment slots in the bracket that allow for adjustment. We had a hard time getting the downpipe and turbine outlet flanges aligned perfectly. Due to OCD issues, that took much longer than it should have. Everything lined up perfectly when done. V band tightened down, and outlet clamp torqued. Fired it up, NO leaks. All good. Very impressed. Not too loud with stock exhaust. Slight smell difference with the high flow cat. No CEL so far.

Running HKS drop in, and Racechip GTS Black on setting 5. That's the only other mods. Pulls very strong. Traction is an issue. ?

Highly recommend this downpipe.

IMG_20210130_011350.jpg

IMG_20210130_011404.jpg

IMG_20210131_175840.jpg

IMG_20210131_180004.jpg

IMG_20210131_175947.jpg

Last edited:

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Please note, per their website, you need a tune for the CEL. I would not compare it to the active autowerke. Its more comparable to the CTS Turbo catted which is cheaper

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes. You are correct. The AA downpipe has a 300cell GESI Cat. The one on the H&R that I got is a 200 Cell High flow race cat. The GESI cats because they are EPA certified, are more than likely more costly, and the higher cell count as well. The quality of this downpipe's construction appears to be as high as anything I have seen. The diameters on this downpipe are keep as big as possible, and the reductions are long, smooth transitions. For example the flex section inlet and outlet are bigger than most otherwise you wouldnt see the significant size down to connect back to the factory catback.

I had a long discussion with the shop owner at H&R about the CEL question. They say you "Should not" get a CEL with the catted version. But they do not guarantee it, because there are too many variables (other mods, etc). That is why the note that suggests a tune. It has been noted that even with guaranteed no CEL downpipes, people have on occasion had CEL's. Although, there are others that have no CEL on 200 Cell cats.

I feel better that I have a cat on mine. Didnt want to be CatLess. Even thought I am a "Dog Person". :)

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. You are correct. The AA downpipe has a 300cell GESI Cat. The one on the H&R that I got is a 200 Cell High flow race cat. The GESI cats because they are EPA certified, are more than likely more costly, and the higher cell count as well. The quality of this downpipe's construction appears to be as high as anything I have seen. The diameters on this downpipe are keep as big as possible, and the reductions are long, smooth transitions. For example the flex section inlet and outlet are bigger than most otherwise you wouldnt see the significant size down to connect back to the factory catback.

I had a long discussion with the shop owner at H&R about the CEL question. They say you "Should not" get a CEL with the catted version. But they do not guarantee it, because there are too many variables (other mods, etc). That is why the note that suggests a tune. It has been noted that even with guaranteed no CEL downpipes, people have on occasion had CEL's. Although, there are others that have no CEL on 200 Cell cats.

I feel better that I have a cat on mine. Didnt want to be CatLess. Even thought I am a "Dog Person". :)
Any further updates on this downpipe? Have you had to deal with any CELs?? I saw this on eBay a while back but didn't pull the trigger because they didn't have a no CEL guarantee. The workmanship looks amazing from your pics.

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unfortunately. The CEL has come on. The 200 cell cat is not enough to keep the P0420 code at Bay. I am trying an old school Dorman 42002 spark plug anti fouler tomorrow to see if it will help enough to keep it away. Car runs great, sounds great. I have a sound clip but this sight won't let me post an MP4 file.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately. The CEL has come on. The 200 cell cat is not enough to keep the P0420 code at Bay. I am trying an old school Dorman 42002 spark plug anti fouler tomorrow to see if it will help enough to keep it away. Car runs great, sounds great. I have a sound clip but this sight won't let me post an MP4 file.
Thanks for letting us know. I actually contacted them if they have this downpipe in stock but it’s out at the moment. They did tell me that they might be changing to a 300 cell cat so I’ll probably wait for that.

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So as of right now I have driven 100+ miles and 6 or 8 drive cycles and have not gotten a CEL. I modified a Dorman 42002 spark plug anti fouler and installed between the O2 and the o2 bung on the downpipe.. Before the anti fouler spacer it would take 2 drive cycles and it was like clockwork the P0420 would come up.

I don't know if it's fixed, but it is for sure better.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have driven about 300 miles now. Many drive cycles. Drive cycle for me are 10-23 miles typically. Alot of cruising, some WOT blast also. No sign of the CEL. I believe it's fixed. So for the price plus $6 O2 fouler from Autozone, im very happy. Sounds perfect.
Sponsored