New wheel Installed

Tugg Speedman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Unfortunately you will not always be able to make every single person happy with a single product, everyone has their own opinion and is 100% entitled to it. when it comes to something this personal, even if the majority of a group likes a certain style or ergonomic layout, and in this case about 85% of my wheels go out with that cut and 99% of the time it is what people prefer. Of course it can be modified and changed as I have done for clients in the past again, or recently the g series conversions but those have their own unique set of challenges. In reference to the leather again something I am commonly told is a big upgrade over stock, but everyone will have their own sentiment at the end of the day. I always try my best to make sure everyone I work with leaves happy, but at the end of the day when you are in this industry you will learn very quickly that it is just not possible.
^
Hard disagree. Especially if you taken into account that anything was better than the stock oem wheel, in every way tbf.

The thickness is what made the difference in overall driving experience for me, coupled with the flat bottom for entering vehicle and exiting aswell. Leather is also vastly better, in my experience ordering from Nitro. The bonus was the aesthetic.

lol you guys really don't need to convince me that you/your customers like it. my comment is more for diversity of opinion. i rarely see any critical reviews of the shape, but i know i'm not the only one who is critical of the ergonomics. i've never seen a track/autox/drift setup with aggressive wheel shapes, only smooth. truthfully, changing to a track focused wheel is the way to go for ergonomics, but as this car is my daily, i wanted to keep all the steering wheel controls. So this wheel, or G8X retrofit are really the only two options that give that functionality.
Sponsored

rFlex

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra, 2023 Tesla Model 3 P, 2018 Audi A5
lol you guys really don't need to convince me that you/your customers like it. my comment is more for diversity of opinion. i rarely see any critical reviews of the shape, but i know i'm not the only one who is critical of the ergonomics. i've never seen a track/autox/drift setup with aggressive wheel shapes, only smooth. truthfully, changing to a track focused wheel is the way to go for ergonomics, but as this car is my daily, i wanted to keep all the steering wheel controls. So this wheel, or G8X retrofit are really the only two options that give that functionality.
It's funny because I'm exactly in the same boat. I installed an aftermarket steering wheel that has a aggressive shape and it does look great, but it's plain horrible on the track. I just don't have a good grip on it, and my hands end up hurting at the end of my sessions. I'm definitely going to change it, and at this point I'm hesitating between putting back the OEM wheel and maybe some small changes on it (replace the trims), or buying a new aftermarket wheel. I'm worried if I get a new wheel that it will have the same issue...

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
It's funny because I'm exactly in the same boat. I installed an aftermarket steering wheel that has a aggressive shape and it does look great, but it's plain horrible on the track. I just don't have a good grip on it, and my hands end up hurting at the end of my sessions. I'm definitely going to change it, and at this point I'm hesitating between putting back the OEM wheel and maybe some small changes on it (replace the trims), or buying a new aftermarket wheel. I'm worried if I get a new wheel that it will have the same issue...
That's why I went with basically a thicker OEM wheel. All those crazy lines and edges look so tacky to me. Look like they belong on an Eclipse with Lambo doors at hot import nights in 2001.

Very OEM with a little extra carbon.

PXL_20220701_122519328.jpg

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
That's why I went with basically a thicker OEM wheel. All those crazy lines and edges look so tacky to me. Look like they belong on an Eclipse with Lambo doors at hot import nights in 2001.

This one is great. Who’s it from?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This one is great. Who’s it from?
I got mine from Aza autowheel. I was very meticulous when describing how I wanted my wheel and they nailed it. My wheel also has no bumps on the back of it. I always hated that about the stock wheel.

I do believe that Philips (NitroYellowMKV) can be customized however you want as well.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro

Wow that's absolutely stunning!!! Best OEM+ wheel I've seen.

Do they use the Toyota core?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I got mine from Aza autowheel. I was very meticulous when describing how I wanted my wheel and they nailed it. My wheel also has no bumps on the back of it. I always hated that about the stock wheel.

I do believe that Philips (NitroYellowMKV) can be customized however you want as well.
You are correct, shape/ style/ thickness/ contour can all be modified to your liking, not sure where people got this idea that its one size fits all lol. Every person will have their own personal preference and taste when it comes to ergonomics/design/functionality etc. For example, the first two wheels here were done without the more aggressive contour. That is the beauty of having some built to order as you can spec however you want, there are endless options for how you can spec one of my wheels.
a21a73be-9e9d-41d5-9a11-8951672c13f6.JPG
bb26a05d-a31b-4446-96ea-240c84fa538a.JPG
00ae8de0-71ef-47b1-9a78-2d8a6c09cb93.JPG
77604082-db0e-49ce-9139-90d4d84e0338.JPG
c6f23696-e60d-4d2f-a7d4-63c50f699f52 2.JPG
3b8a7bbd-3b31-4612-ab6c-c2827a57bf26 2.JPG
72d07542-0753-44f3-9b1d-5f22d515246b 2.JPG
8695cfe7-3cd2-42b3-b2cc-4a2b341718d9 2.JPG

00ae8de0-71ef-47b1-9a78-2d8a6c09cb93.JPG

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just checked their prices, just as wow. Will just get my own one retrimmed.
Yeah they aren't cheap and there is usually a 3 month + wait time. You do get a $500 core return refund if you send your stock wheel back though.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Just checked their prices, just as wow. Will just get my own one retrimmed.
I can make you one identical with an oem core for a lot less!