NJ/NYC

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Born and raised in Hudson County. Now I'm in the burbs in lower Bergen County. Moved there earlier this year.
Spotted another Supra today in Wallington right near the shop that does work on my car (Prime Motoring). Absolute Zero with what sounded like an aftermarket exhaust. That was my first beep and wave with another Supra.
Sponsored

spdandpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra // 2020 BMW X3M
Born and raised in Hudson County. Now I'm in the burbs in lower Bergen County. Moved there earlier this year.
Spotted another Supra today in Wallington right near the shop that does work on my car (Prime Motoring). Absolute Zero with what sounded like an aftermarket exhaust. That was my first beep and wave with another Supra.
I'm in Bergen County now and drove up to Beacon this morning for a drive -- it's a great town, btw. I get together with a small group of cars to cruise on backroads. We meet at 630AM to avoid traffic...I gotta say, there's some amazing roads up there. Definitely got a chance to see how well this thing grips.

I was with an Alfa 4C, track-modified ND Miata, 992 Porsche 911 Turbo, B8 s5

20210905_072506.jpg

spdandpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@ikeaboy @Tsar I move (officially) on the 18th...if you guys know any places to get good food in Bergen, let me know. I'm a bit underwhelmed with the food I've had in NJ. Atlantic City and Hoboken aside, I've had meh meals, at best. Heck, even my random trip to Beacon blew me away -- have yet to have that experience in Bergen County

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
not sure what you are in mood for... but if you like korean, palisades park has some great korean restaurant. fort lee has good japanese and food court in mitsuwa is good as well. for steak, authur's in hoboken, and there's halal guy right by teterboro. there are tons of good restaurant in BC.

spdandpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
not sure what you are in mood for... but if you like korean, palisades park has some great korean restaurant. fort lee has good japanese and food court in mitsuwa is good as well. for steak, authur's in hoboken, and there's halal guy right by teterboro. there are tons of good restaurant in BC.
Thanks for the recommendations! To be fair, I haven't really researched any places outside of hoboken, just usually relied on where friends took me.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm in Bergen County now and drove up to Beacon this morning for a drive -- it's a great town, btw. I get together with a small group of cars to cruise on backroads. We meet at 630AM to avoid traffic...I gotta say, there's some amazing roads up there. Definitely got a chance to see how well this thing grips.

I was with an Alfa 4C, track-modified ND Miata, 992 Porsche 911 Turbo, B8 s5

20210905_072506.jpg
Odd, I didn't get notifications on this thread. Sorry for the delayed response. I agree, Beacon is a great little town.

9W is my favorite local road. I've been on plenty of group rides up there.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@ikeaboy @Tsar I move (officially) on the 18th...if you guys know any places to get good food in Bergen, let me know. I'm a bit underwhelmed with the food I've had in NJ. Atlantic City and Hoboken aside, I've had meh meals, at best. Heck, even my random trip to Beacon blew me away -- have yet to have that experience in Bergen County
PM me any time. It's a big county so if I know a more precise location, I can give you a few places. Beacon is considered a "hipster" town because an art museum opened up there about 20 years ago. It became a big destination for artists which led to great restaurants and shops.

Check out Piermont, NY which is a little riverside town that's closer to the NJ/NY border on the west side of the river. Nice little village to walk around in, grab a bite, and take in the views of the Hudson River.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What sort of food are you looking for? I live in Edgewater so for better than average experience I usually got to the city since its right there but there are a few spots that we frequent that could be good, depending on your preferences :dunno:

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can never go wrong with River Palm in Edgewater.

@Tsar I just moved out of my condo on River Road in March. I was right on the Edgewater/North Bergen border. Lived in NB my whole life. Now I'm close to MetLife. Been working in NYC for 13 years so the commute is still easy. Only downside is I only drive my car on weekends.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You can never go wrong with River Palm in Edgewater.

@Tsar I just moved out of my condo on River Road in March. I was right on the Edgewater/North Bergen border. Lived in NB my whole life. Now I'm close to MetLife. Been working in NYC for 13 years so the commute is still easy. Only downside is I only drive my car on weekends.
Ha, crazy, I live on River Road too (and work in NYC, although I've been working from home since march 2020). One black supra moves out another one moves in.

I pass river palm frequently but never been, ill put it on the list :beer:

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ha, crazy, I live on River Road too (and work in NYC, although I've been working from home since march 2020). One black supra moves out another one moves in.

I pass river palm frequently but never been, ill put it on the list :beer:
Haha. I moved out back in March. Back then, I had a 2019 Audi S5 Sportback in Nardo Grey. There weren't that many around so maybe you saw me on the road. Never saw a Supra out in the wild until last week.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I went to my go-to car wash (The Puddle) this morning. It's in Ridgefield Park. They had this flyer and told me to come join on the 26th. Anyone interested?

Attachments

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Spotted a white Supra on River Road in Weehawken this morning. I beeped and waved. Didn't see a response. I felt like a tool, of course.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Spotted a white Supra on River Road in Weehawken this morning. I beeped and waved. Didn't see a response. I felt like a tool, of course.
I think I've seen that car. There are no reactions from that driver of any kind :dunno:

Dunno if I can make that car show - it's one weekend before my wedding. I was told to reserve it for last minute emergency wedding stuff lol

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think I've seen that car. There are no reactions from that driver of any kind :dunno:

Dunno if I can make that car show - it's one weekend before my wedding. I was told to reserve it for last minute emergency wedding stuff lol
Didn't look modded. No front plate. The sound of our horns makes it even worse. It is such an embarassing sound.

Congrats on getting hitched! Been married for 10 years. I flew some family to the Bahamas and got married on the beach in a small ceremony. I don't have the proper mindset to plan a big wedding locally. Not sure what you're doing but I wish you a stress-free few weeks.
Sponsored