First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
First, I just got back to OKC from the Clifton, NJ area (north of Newark) and yesterday as I was leaving the Renaissance Meadowlands on 17 a Phantom Gray (pretty sure) MKV passed me, who was it? Loved the color.

Okay, for my real questions.

1. For those of you running e blends, how are you doing it? I've got several questions about this. First, where the hell are you getting E85? Second, with all these stations being full service, are you having them pump 7.25 gallons of e then fill the rest with premium? Coming from states that allow you to pump your own gas, I have no issue blending myself, but can you actually trust the attendant to get this right???

2. I am looking at potentially relocating to the area, working in Clifton. What are decent areas to live in?

3. Where are the best driving backroads?

4. Where are the best places to get some data logging done (good 60-130 stretches or 1/4 milers)?

Thanks!
Sponsored

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
most likely this is not going to satisfy your inquiry but will try my best.

1. I do not know this. homey don't play that.

2. there are many diversity in this tiny state. for example, if you are eagles fan, go south, if you are jets or giants fan, go north. it is really differentiated by your preference. if you like city life, go to Hoboken but like indian food, edison might be better. so decide what you like to do. BTW, if you like to have a garage, stay away from "City" life.

3. There are many but none... :( State troopers are everywhere when there's good place to carve curves.. and they are focused on getting you. I had an incident that they pulled me over even before they know what my violation was.. skyline drive is nice but you cannot speed.. :(

4. see #3. however, if you go to PA, Rt. 380 between pocono and Scranton might be a good spot. just look out for PA police.

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
There is a gas station near Newark Airport that has e85 the other choice is going north to NY

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
There is a gas station near Newark Airport that has e85 the other choice is going north to NY
There is Newark Airport and also an E85 station in East Orange.

Power Gas
205 Sanford St, East Orange, NJ 07018

I used to go there when I lived in South Orange. Neighborhood is a little suss but the good bit is he doesn't care if you bring jugs to fill.

Other than those two stations, you have to go up to NY or wayyyy down to South Jersey.

OP: I loved South Orange when we lived there. Nice family neighborhoods. Montclair is nice, lots of bars and restaurants. Same with Millburn, little more $$$ though. Closer to Newark, the crappier it gets.

Eastern North Jersey is pretty flat. The roads suck overall. You can find nicer driving roads more on the North West side, more woodsy and better kept roads.

Surprisingly hard to find good datalogging roads in North Jersey. I used to drive out towards Morristown to find some good stretches.

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
Thanks for all the info. Only the two e85 stations makes it a bit of a pain, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Appreciate it. I'll keep you guys in the loop as to if I end up there or not.

Nkba90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Hey dude, I’m in the fairlawn/ Hawthorne area which is pretty close. I go to either Newark for my E or I go to congers New York. I do have a flex kit and I use the e85 calculator to get accurate estimates. There’s some good stretches on 287 but you have to watch for cops hidden and I 95 by the airport has a crazy good straight away. That’s where we do the runs in Mexico nights. I live by 208 and they just redid the roads. So sometimes on a late night I usually do a pull on the way home or on the way to work in the am for my 60-130. But only enough room for 1 pull.

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
Next question, where are you guys buying Methanol? VP, Ignite, whatever brand.

xerolimit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First, I just got back to OKC from the Clifton, NJ area (north of Newark) and yesterday as I was leaving the Renaissance Meadowlands on 17 a Phantom Gray (pretty sure) MKV passed me, who was it? Loved the color.

Okay, for my real questions.

1. For those of you running e blends, how are you doing it? I've got several questions about this. First, where the hell are you getting E85? Second, with all these stations being full service, are you having them pump 7.25 gallons of e then fill the rest with premium? Coming from states that allow you to pump your own gas, I have no issue blending myself, but can you actually trust the attendant to get this right???

2. I am looking at potentially relocating to the area, working in Clifton. What are decent areas to live in?

3. Where are the best driving backroads?

4. Where are the best places to get some data logging done (good 60-130 stretches or 1/4 milers)?

Thanks!
In NJ your best bet is NW and some of the county roads. They are off limits to most trucks but with the current suburban sprawl there's still a good bit of people, LEOs, and deer. Central towards Hillsborough and NW towards Blairstown/Hunterdon/Warren county will give you better driving. Anything in Bergen/Passaic/Morris is going to leave you disappointed. But if you make the journey here to PA you'll find many more options, and unlike NJ, PA local LEOs are prohibited from doing radar and turning a county road/highway into the town treasury. They generally leave you alone unless you are asking for it. Feel free to reach out if you're down this way.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
No good driving roads in NJ. There are some that are okay in the northwestern part of the state, but other than that, nothing that I'd consider good. Most of NJ is flat, so if mountain roads are your thing, good luck finding them in NJ.

That said, the Bear Mountain area in NY isn't all that far away and there are tons of excellent driving roads up there. The only downside is that those roads also attract all kinds of sports cars and motorcyclists, so it can get pretty busy during the weekends.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No good driving roads in NJ. There are some that are okay in the northwestern part of the state, but other than that, nothing that I'd consider good. Most of NJ is flat, so if mountain roads are your thing, good luck finding them in NJ.

That said, the Bear Mountain area in NY isn't all that far away and there are tons of excellent driving roads up there. The only downside is that those roads also attract all kinds of sports cars and motorcyclists, so it can get pretty busy during the weekends.
Truth. Not to mention the roads are also in horrible shape.

We moved to the Hudson Valley NY area and the driving roads (and road conditions) are glorious compared.

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
Rt 206 can have some pretty fun stretches.

Palisades Pkwy is one of the top rated drives in the north-east.

If you happen to be around the Trenton area, Rt29 heading north (Away from trenton) is an amazing drive. Very scenic. Once you get to Milford, NJ, cross over into Upper Black Eddy, PA and come back south on Rt32. Stop in New Hope for lunch. This whole drive follows the Delaware River. (This is one of my favorite local cruises)

If your ballsy, head into Philadelphia and cruise up and down Kelly Drive. Follows the Schyulkill River.

Do your data logging on the turnpike. Use Waze. Theres cops but only some. Theyre not "Everywhere". Also, limit is 65 on the TP but most ppl cruise at 80 with a good number of ppl cruising at 90.
Sponsored