No Boost

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I'm not sure what happened or when it happened but today I noticed there was no boost. šŸ˜¢
There's no new codes, no smoke, car drives fine, gears shift fine, but there's no power.
Shops are all closed due to SEMA but I scheduled a @StudioRSR appointment for next week.
In the meantime, is there anything an average joe could check or inspect?

Ecutek gauge:
Boost Pressure Pre Throttle - 14.6 to 15.9

Mod List:
DOC Race Top Mount Kit w/ Borg Warner EFR Turbo 9174, CSF Manifold, CSF Heat Exchanger, Port Injection, 1050x injectors, Motiv Reflex, Visconti LPFP, Visconti Flex Fuel, Ecutek (Botti), HKS Catback Exhaust, Pure Drivetrain Stage 1
Sponsored

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
Electronic
Double check the arm isn't axially mismatched to the wastegate arm causing it to be too tight and getting stuck open (which would cause a no boost scenario).
When I re-clocked my turbo, It caused the arm to not be able to fully actuate, I was able to remove it and make a few bends and reshape it with some vice grips and pliers.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Thank you. šŸ¤™šŸ¾
This was the culprit. Loosened, readjusted and retightened. Took it for a drive and I have boost again. :thumbsup:
awesome, easy fix!! You may want to look into Vibrant upgraded longer couplers and place T bolt clamps at the ends.

Sam85

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 MKIV Toyota Supra 6MT, 2020 MKV Toyota Zupra
no boost at all as in 0 psi? or does it build up to 3 or 4 psi and just hold there?

if its the later.. ur car is in safe/limp mode. reflash ur ECU with the same map you are running and it should clear the DTC codes, it will not show up on your code reader.

there are many reasons for this, i've had it happen twice.

OP
OP
hwnstyle21

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
no boost at all as in 0 psi? or does it build up to 3 or 4 psi and just hold there?

if its the later.. ur car is in safe/limp mode. reflash ur ECU with the same map you are running and it should clear the DTC codes, it will not show up on your code reader.

there are many reasons for this, i've had it happen twice.
Well you might be on to something. Or it might be the coupler again. Thereā€™s no audible spool. Per the ecutek gauge ā€œBoost Pressure Pre Throttleā€ is 14.7 (base) and maxes at 16.8. Iā€™ll redo the couplers again but Iā€™ve also ordered the longer Vibrant one.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
This is what I did a few weeks ago. Lmao šŸ¤£

10C866A7-6F44-486B-90CD-E4B520D95EFE.jpeg
No boost leaks with that setup. If I was running 30 psi I would run that dual clamp system.

For now the P2uned version gets the job done.

-RJM

4141E9B4-9194-4F13-89C9-DC992F5311FA.jpeg