No cruise control or safety sense

mhbrown61

First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Hi all:I got my supra back in May and not 10 mins after leaving dealership I had no cruise control and lots of warnings about most of toyotas safety sense not working.After 4 trips to the local dealership it still does not work.They had engineers from toyota working with the mechanic and decided to change the front camera.Now the only two things that were working,lane keep assist and road sign recognition don't work.They are really scratching their heads on this one.Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any ideas what maybe needed to get it working? They also have tried reprogramming it as well.
Thanks Mike
Sponsored

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Hi all:I got my supra back in May and not 10 mins after leaving dealership I had no cruise control and lots of warnings about most of toyotas safety sense not working.After 4 trips to the local dealership it still does not work.They had engineers from toyota working with the mechanic and decided to change the front camera.Now the only two things that were working,lane keep assist and road sign recognition don't work.They are really scratching their heads on this one.Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any ideas what maybe needed to get it working? They also have tried reprogramming it as well.
Thanks Mike

Ooof. I understand your frustration.. I dont know what the issue might be but i have an idea what it could be. maybe check
- radar sensor (the right front grill)
- the actual sensors
- the camera on the rear view mirror infront on the windsheild

worse case scenario, might be a Lemon..

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Have they tried a new battery? Seems like you just bought a 2020 model. It may have been sitting for a while. I'm not sure if the electronics could act strangely even if its not displaying the "Replace Battery" notification.

twong242

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 86 C10, 95 Integra
Thanks Mike
I am having the same issue, the first trip to the dealership in Palm Beach took a week to fix the cruise control but could not get the radar to work. They said to bring the car back in two weeks because they had to fly a tech in, the car has been back at the dealer for two weeks and they can not find the problem .

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Im not having cruise control issues but my car has been in service for about a week now and was in service a week ago for a week also. First issue was wiperblade twitch which they reset all the computers to fix. Second issue right now is the car wont rev over 1500 rpms on cold starts so if you wanted to show off the exhaust you cant. This car has been in service longer then ive owned it.
I feel your frustration man. Toyota doesnt know shit about this car and they have to talked to there field reps and bmw just to try and fix these issues.

Callme10K

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020
Thanks Mike
did u ever get this resolved man?

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Coincidentally yesterday I was chatting with a friend who owns an independent repair shop. He happened to mention that his brother-in- law has a new Lexus. When driving up a grade the cruise control shuts off. The dealer acknowledges it is not normal but doesn't know what's wrong and can't fix it. Of course I'm sure they won't have a problem diagnosing self-driving cars.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Thanks Mike
Did you ever get this resolved?

KegDog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Thanks Mike
Having the same issues with 2021 3.0 premium been in the shop for a week. They're waiting on a cruise control part for the steering wheel I have a feeling it's not going to solve the issue. Did they ever resolve the problems with your car?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Having the same issues with 2021 3.0 premium been in the shop for a week. They're waiting on a cruise control part for the steering wheel I have a feeling it's not going to solve the issue. Did they ever resolve the problems with your car?
I feel this is a Toyota solution for a more complicated BMW problem. Doubt it’s a switch.