2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

StupendousA90

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MK5 Supra
Does anyone have an idea on how much it costs for the total price of the femto Ecu unlock to finland w/ shipping included? Not the clone but the simple unlock? Pls and thanks in advance!

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I wouldn’t do that. Unless you’d like to join me on the long DNS list from Visconti..
Funny, it's so silly to obfuscate that process, and the costs involved. If you add value to process along the way then charge for it!

Deleted member 7042

I just went through the process, and have been meaning to create a little thread on the entire experience. The answer is, it depends. And that means that the cost can vary greatly as it did in my experience.

You’ll need to understand if you want to use MHD or ECUTek and the reasons why. Then you’ll have a choice made for you on whether or not you also need to clone your ECU in addition to unlocking it.

Again, I just went through this process after they moved to Finland, I worked with Visconti, and then drove it across the country on a cloned and tuned ECU, leaving my original at home (hopefully that speaks for my confidence in the process).

First Name
Zvonimir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0 SZ
I wouldn’t do that. Unless you’d like to join me on the long DNS list from Visconti..
What are you talking about ? Whats a DNS list and who is/are Visconti ?

I messaged them last night and someone responed within seconds.

I'm EU based and I don't really know about you US based guys, but I was told that the whole process takes a few days (logistics included), and simple unlock is 600€ +24% VAT. A new ECU for my 2.0 Supra costs me 1550€ (VAT included) in Germany, so the whole thing comes out around 2300€ which is about 2500 freedom money units.

That is when you do everything yourself, are EU based, and buy stuff in Germany.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What are you talking about ? Whats a DNS list and who is/are Visconti ?
DNS - Do Not Sell.

Visconti - Tuner here. They're the only ones Femto is dealing with from the states at the moment.

First Name
Zvonimir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0 SZ
DNS - Do Not Sell.

Visconti - Tuner here. They're the only ones Femto is dealing with from the states at the moment.
Thank you very much for the clarification. What would be the reasoning behind getting on a DNS list ?

edit : becoming a "business rival" ? That would make little sense

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
DNS - Do Not Sell.

i don’t think this is true. I don’t want to start any drama. I know of one other vendor doing this mail forwarding nonsense

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i don’t think this is true. I don’t want to start any drama. I know of one other vendor doing this mail forwarding nonsense
If you know of another vendor shipping to Femto let me know. I'll like to keep the site current. This was just based on the last information I had heard. It's not starting shit if someone is offering this service.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you know of another vendor shipping to Femto let me know. I'll like to keep the site current. This was just based on the last information I had heard. It's not starting shit if someone is offering this service.
For all of those wondering, @32bitsofGil DM'd me. I know of the vendor they're referencing and they're not really publicly offering this service at the moment.