No TRD or GR parts?

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Went in for my first service. 5K oil change to get out that break-in oil. Gunna be tracking the Supra at Sebring next month courtesy of NASA :thumbsup:. Rather have some new oil in there if I'm gunna tear this bitch up on the track. Got to talking with the parts department about any TRD or GR performance parts support. There is absolutely nothing coming from that front as I'm told by the manager. I'd figure by now there would perhaps be some revealed aftermarket performance parts from Toyota themselves to get in on the action of modifying Supras. Does anyone know if GR or TRD will be making performance parts for this car?
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Other than the obvious aero stuff available in JP, TRD/GR had some parts in testing, but I've yet to see or hear anything about it since. In fact, even the GR mats that some of the guys have in their cars have still not been released for whatever reason.

I do know Tada wanted to leverage the aftermarket a lot, and due to that he was speaking with tuning companies long before the car was out to garner support. Maybe Toyota believes in leaving the tuning more to the aftermarket at this point, especially given that TRD parts were just rebranded supplier (Enkei, KYB, Exedy, etc) items with small changes here and there. Or perhaps they're developing a special line with an aftermarket company, much like AMS supplies Infiniti aftermarket parts for the Q/VR30 (other examples of this sort of thing too). I mean, the GT4 runs an Akrapovic titanium exhaust and that car is built from the ground up by TMG...

The car is still new despite the internet age and that of instant gratification, so might just be too early to say.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tada is busy coming up with new ways to disappoint current owners. I heard from an extremely reliable source that he'll become the marketing director of BMW after the success of Supra project. :eek:

OP
OP
Kaizen

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Other than the obvious aero stuff available in JP, TRD/GR had some parts in testing, but I've yet to see or hear anything about it since. In fact, even the GR mats that some of the guys have in their cars have still not been released for whatever reason.

I do know Tada wanted to leverage the aftermarket a lot, and due to that he was speaking with tuning companies long before the car was out to garner support. Maybe Toyota believes in leaving the tuning more to the aftermarket at this point, especially given that TRD parts were just rebranded supplier (Enkei, KYB, Exedy, etc) items with small changes here and there. Or perhaps they're developing a special line with an aftermarket company, much like AMS supplies Infiniti aftermarket parts for the Q/VR30 (other examples of this sort of thing too). I mean, the GT4 runs an Akrapovic titanium exhaust and that car is built from the ground up by TMG...

The car is still new despite the internet age and that of instant gratification, so might just be too early to say.
Ahhh ok, thank you sir!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Is Tada planning give us some GR Supra all weather Mats or cargo mats? Or just our home made weather tech mats?
Tada isn't the one in charge of that stuff, but they are black plush mats (embroidered logo) like the GR trunk mat. All weather GR mats is a ridiculous idea IMO lol

Tada is busy coming up with new ways to disappoint current owners. I heard from an extremely reliable source that he'll become the marketing director of BMW after the success of Supra project. :eek:
I mentioned this years ago on here, but BMW seemed interested in hiring him even back then since he was already retired from Toyota. Nearly all of the his work on the Supra was under contract. So whether joking or not this would not surprise me lol

JohnnyV541

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition Supra. 2020 4Runner, 1996 993, 2019 Street Glide
Went in for my first service. 5K oil change to get out that break-in oil. Gunna be tracking the Supra at Sebring next month courtesy of NASA :thumbsup:. Rather have some new oil in there if I'm gunna tear this bitch up on the track. Got to talking with the parts department about any TRD or GR performance parts support. There is absolutely nothing coming from that front as I'm told by the manager. I'd figure by now there would perhaps be some revealed aftermarket performance parts from Toyota themselves to get in on the action of modifying Supras. Does anyone know if GR or TRD will be making performance parts for this car?
Hey... Just curious, how did the first service go? Iā€™m kind of dreading having the Supra serviced, but I even get a bit nervous when servicing the 4Runner

OP
OP
Kaizen

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hey... Just curious, how did the first service go? Iā€™m kind of dreading having the Supra serviced, but I even get a bit nervous when servicing the 4Runner
I felt the same way as it was my first time at this specific dealership. I just did a meet and greet with the tech working on my Supra (Apparently only a few are trained to work on Supras at dealerships). We chatted sports cars and modding cars for a bit. I asked him if he could install some lowering springs later down the road. Wanted to form a relationship for future things done on the car. Everything went smoothly in the end.

The service took 2 hrs total on a Saturday, very busy.
Sponsored