Not sure what problem my car has... (maybe trans issue?)

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Wanted to get an idea of what might be wrong before bringing this in to the dealership.

So after drive on Friday, I knew I had a problem after accelerating from a stop light. the exhaust makes very "muffled" burbles when downshifting and sometimes it wont make any noise at all. Shifting feels kind of off but not sure if thats just all in my head. Car is in sport mode the whole time and this has been happening since friday

Thought i'd also add that the car seems to miss up-shifts more frequently now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
The burbles are from sport mode and are intentional.

The transmission shifting is more aggressive in sport and some shifts can be rough compared to normal on occasion. It all sounds normal to me, but Iā€™m not the one feeling the shifts.

OP
OP
Pat

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
yes but it misses the shifts now, it hangs for quite a while at 5-6k rpm. the burbles sound much quieter than when i first had the car and this is after putting in 2700 miles

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Can you take a video of whatā€™s happening?

Raffi

First Name
Viken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium Edition, 1989 Supra Turbo Conversion
If the trans shifts differently the downshift exhaust noise will change, so sounds like trans needs inspection.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
yes but it misses the shifts now, it hangs for quite a while at 5-6k rpm. the burbles sound much quieter than when i first had the car and this is after putting in 2700 miles
That sounds off. In sport, the transmission sometimes guesses wrong at low speeds with no aggressive driving. I would expect that as that is the exact opposite to how it is programmed to be driven in that mode.

I donā€™t get hanging. It will rev and shift. Not rev, hang, and shift. Sounds like you need to use your warranty even if it is for peace of mind.
Sponsored