Official R35 Nissan GT-R Thread

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
There was no 2022 in the USA so those 57 must have been 21 left overs.
Ah, just like the 1998 Toyota Supra as well.

I'm wondering what the global sale for the GTR is. US market is dominated by crossovers where every sports car sales looks like a failure in the grand scheme of things especially at the Supra price point and higher.

I had a 2017 Nismo GTR for a weekend and the novelty of it is great but driving it around the city was not...
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Ah, just like the 1998 Toyota Supra as well.

I'm wondering what the global sale for the GTR is. US market is dominated by crossovers where every sports car sales looks like a failure in the grand scheme of things especially at the Supra price point and higher.
Wonder no more...

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 6.59.16 PM.png

OP
OP
Bryster

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Will this be the new design language for NISMO?
ZCP_01.jpg
FmW0wyQacAEPPAr.jpeg

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Nice update to the front:

Two different cars.jpg

It's a shame the person doing the design work for the front never thought to swap notes with the person doing the back. It's like two different cars glued together.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've driven a GTR. It's a lot of fun but is definitely "boy racer" in terms of refinement. I know.. not what it's built for. But, for a GT car, it's not quite the best option, IMO. For a track car, they are PHENOMENAL.... but so are operating costs.
Since we're on a Supra forum, I'll compare to that. The Supra is more comfortable for me to drive. It's more agile. Feels current. Rides better. Less noise. Consumables are light years cheaper.
I did shop GTRs before buying the Supra but, at the time, the Supra was far cheaper than a '12+ GTR.
I enjoy how small the Supra is, in general. Very small compared to a GTR.
All that being said, I'd rather have a '12 GTR. However..right now, a Supra makes more sense for me. I'll do a GTR once I let the Supra go.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I can say as a previous GT-R owner I like my Supra just as well, and it’s half the price.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Its 17 years old. Let it die Nissan, youre not gonna spend the money to make a real successor.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the R35….that’s why it’s still going strong. What attainable 17yr old car (design) can you name that out of the box with a warranty can take out 98% of the newer cars??? I’ll wait…

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the R35….that’s why it’s still going strong. What attainable 17yr old car (design) can you name that out of the box with a warranty can take out 98% of the newer cars??? I’ll wait…
GT3 RS

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A unchanged 17yr old GT3 RS will keep up with a GR Corolla…let alone an R35. Okay, maybe not a GR Corolla, but you get my drift. GT3 RS has gone through several engine iterations since 2008. Like I said, what 17yr old design that can still hang with an R35?

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
A unchanged 17yr old GT3 RS will keep up with a GR Corolla…let alone an R35. Okay, maybe not a GR Corolla, but you get my drift. GT3 RS has gone through several engine iterations since 2008. Like I said, what 17yr old design that can still hang with an R35?
Not sure about the 17-year old part, but I once cross-shopped the 08 GTR and the 08 Audi R8. I'd take the R8 today everyday. I don't know about taking it out, but it should be able to hang with it.

In my world of regular "dudeland", there's no reason at all for either of them to the same price as a brand new Supra.

It's the Corvette of Japan, so I expect them to keep making them. They should stop shipping to the US though.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the 17-year old part, but I once cross-shopped the 08 GTR and the 08 Audi R8. I'd take the R8 today everyday. I don't know about taking it out, but it should be able to hang with it.

In my world of regular "dudeland", there's no reason at all for either of them to the same price as a brand new Supra.

It's the Corvette of Japan, so I expect them to keep making them. They should stop shipping to the US though.
I still have my eye on a specific R34 stored somewhere in Japan. These damn restrictions are making importing tougher and tougher.

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
I'm glad they're still making them. The GTR is on my list of potential future cars to consider. I understand it's an old platform and there may be better options out there, but its still on my list.
Sponsored