• Total voters

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Ugggh. In my 20s I was modding and rebuilding MK3s (bought an '88 NA in '93, a '88 Turbo in '97, and an '89 for parts in "98). Finally back in the Supra world, but now I'm 48 and apparently old. How did that happen?
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
While I bought mine as a VERY early 50th birthday present, I was technically still 48 at the time. LOL.

However, adjusting for inflation, my '02 S2000 I purchased new for my 30th birthday was more expensive than what I paid for my new '20 Supra.

topgear422

First Name
Aamir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
36 here, seems to be the popular age!

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
36 Here.

I got my license when I was 15 in Illinois. Farm land in the middle of nowhere. Permitted at 14.
I grew up in some farmlands in Illinois as well :)

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I see a few November birthdays like myself. 11/3 to be exact. That basically means I was conceived on Valentine's Day which creeps mut a little.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
33 years old.

Little bit surprised the leader is 30-39. I figured most were in the early 20's. Maybe thats just the Youtube/IG kids I keep seeing who own them.
I was surprised too. Thought the 18-24 category would take the lead. Or maybe that age group is just sick of surveys unless they get free t-shirts from predatory credit card companies.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Widower, 79 next month.
But I'm dating a 73 year old.
My 79 year old , lifelong trucker father absolutely loves my car. I was fully expecting for him to call me a big dope for getting it. He now wants one himself.

Last edited:

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I really don't think the early to mid 20's crowd can afford a car in this price range on average. Most young people don't even have a savings these days!! Many people in that age range are still building their credit history and working with low-mediocre income, student debt = High interest rates, minimal down payment, high monthly payment, high insurance rates, no money for maintenance or repairs. Maybe in a few years when you start seeing some higher mileage 20/21 models on the used market we will see the average owner age drop a few years as the younger people buy them up at a much lower price. Outside of that its mostly the silver spoon kids that live rent free with their 820+ FICO co-signers. There are few exceptions to this rule.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I really don't think the early to mid 20's crowd can afford a car in this price range on average. Many people in that age range are still building their credit history and working with mediocre income. Maybe in a few years when you start seeing some higher mileage 20/21 models on the used market we will see the average owner age drop a few years as the younger people buy them up at a much lower price.
You'd be surprised what some parents are willing to buy for their kids.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You'd be surprised what some parents are willing to buy for their kids.
True. Especially when ownership is claimed on an anonymous internet forum. My neighbor's kid drives around in a new Charger Hellcat. Starts it up every morning at 6. But I start my Borla up at 4AM so sucks to be him.

Last gift I got from my parents was a chrome '96 GT Performer when I was 12. Cracked a rib trying to make a Bart Simpson / Springfield Gorge type of jump.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh yeah. I just start my car up for the f of it. I take mass transit into NYC every day. Train or bus is a few blocks away. I'm just spiteful like that.

Kid's gotta learn. I had a full SLP Loud Mouth exhaust on my '05 Mustang GT when I was his age. Neighbors left warning notes on my car so just started rolling the car down the block in neutral to a quiet place.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I really don't think the early to mid 20's crowd can afford a car in this price range on average. Most young people don't even have a savings these days!! Many people in that age range are still building their credit history and working with low-mediocre income, student debt = High interest rates, minimal down payment, high monthly payment, high insurance rates, no money for maintenance or repairs. Maybe in a few years when you start seeing some higher mileage 20/21 models on the used market we will see the average owner age drop a few years as the younger people buy them up at a much lower price. Outside of that its mostly the silver spoon kids that live rent free with their 820+ FICO co-signers. There are few exceptions to this rule.
I got mine when I still was 24 and I wish my mommy would pay my rent :D I am lucky to not have any student debts though (it's free in Germany) and I guess I made the right choice to study CS which pays real good

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I got mine when I still was 24 and I wish my mommy would pay my rent :D I am lucky to not have any student debts though (it's free in Germany) and I guess I made the right choice to study CS which pays real good
I hate to hijack the thread, but did the European software engineer market ever catch up to American salaries? I interviewed with a German company a few years back and the salary was laughable.
Sponsored