How old are you?

• Total voters

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't think the early to mid 20's crowd can afford a car in this price range on average. Most young people don't even have a savings these days!! Many people in that age range are still building their credit history and working with low-mediocre income, student debt = High interest rates, minimal down payment, high monthly payment, high insurance rates, no money for maintenance or repairs. Maybe in a few years when you start seeing some higher mileage 20/21 models on the used market we will see the average owner age drop a few years as the younger people buy them up at a much lower price. Outside of that its mostly the silver spoon kids that live rent free with their 820+ FICO co-signers. There are few exceptions to this rule.
Ehh.. i beg to differ, i bought my Supra brand new in the showroom at 24, i'm 8 months ahead of payments with only 1/8th of my loan left. I have enough to pay months in advanced, go to hawaii and have the greatest vacation ever and be able to do all the mods i've been wanting to do on my car in less than a month span. No mommy and daddy sponsorship, insurance is all on me, i fix my own car cause i'm a mechanic, i've been working on all generations of skylines, supras, nsx's(except NC1) and most dream cars people have had posters of in their bed rooms. My credit score 847. It's something i don't like bragging about because i'm not the type to rub it into peoples faces. On top of that, i'm able to live is expensive ass San Diego, CA. In no way am i rich, but i'm doing good enough to be on top of my shit. Let's be a little lenient to my age group, i know there's other people like me, if not, better than me. Lol

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ehh.. i beg to differ, i bought my Supra brand new in the showroom at 24, i'm 8 months ahead of payments with only 1/8th of my loan left. I have enough to pay months in advanced, go to hawaii and have the greatest vacation ever and be able to do all the mods i've been wanting to do on my car in less than a month span. No mommy and daddy sponsorship, insurance is all on me, i fix my own car cause i'm a mechanic, i've been working on all generations of skylines, supras, nsx's(except NC1) and most dream cars people have had posters of in their bed rooms. My credit score 847. It's something i don't like bragging about because i'm not the type to rub it into peoples faces. On top of that, i'm able to live is expensive ass San Diego, CA. In no way am i rich, but i'm doing good enough to be on top of my shit. Let's be a little lenient to my age group, i know there's other people like me, if not, better than me. Lol

Yeah bro, you're definitely out of touch with the lifestyle that most people in their 20's get to enjoy. Good for you.

By the way, it takes about ten years of credit history to develop an 800+ FICO credit score simply because you need revolving accounts (with perfect payment history) to be older than 10 years to even reach that level. I'll go ahead and call bullshit because there are people that are in their mid-late 30's with an immaculate credit history that still haven't reached 830+.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah bro, you're definitely out of touch with the lifestyle that most people in their 20's get to enjoy. Good for you.

By the way, it takes about ten years of credit history to develop an 800+ FICO credit score simply because you need revolving accounts (with perfect payment history) to be older than 10 years to even reach that level. I'll go ahead and call bullshit because there are people that are in their mid-late 30's with an immaculate credit history that still haven't reached 830+.
D14AEF12-C71B-478D-BCA9-7B1A4DD23479.jpeg

The day i went in to Toyota San Diego. I have my debts, but i maintain them, VERY rigorously.

In summary bro, in no means am i trying to anger you or anything, i just wanted to speak up for the mid 20's who do strive to get their life in check, i was never apart of that crowd who party'd and did any other normal expected things from my age group, i've always just gone to work and home. I respect your view point because i do agree, most people i know in my age group aren't doing so great, though i do wish them the best. Let's just enjoy our times as MKV owners and hopefully one day we'll link up if you're ever here in the West, or if i take a trip to visit some friends near south beach. ??

Last edited:

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I hate to hijack the thread, but did the European software engineer market ever catch up to American salaries? I interviewed with a German company a few years back and the salary was laughable.
Not really, America is still largely the place to be for software engineer salaries.

Reactions: zrk

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
There are ways around that. For example shortly after I was born my parents opened a Mobil credit card, put me down on the account, and used it to fill up their cars and paid it off on time every month. By the time I turned 25, I already had ~24 years of perfect credit history. They never told me about it, I found it when I got my first credit report in my early 20s and saw a 20+ year old account on there, lol.

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
There are ways around that. For example shortly after I was born my parents opened a Mobil credit card, put me down on the account, and used it to fill up their cars and paid it off on time every month. By the time I turned 25, I already had ~24 years of perfect credit history. They never told me about it, I found it when I got my first credit report in my early 20s and saw a 20+ year old account on there, lol.

See... help from mommy and daddy. This is coming from a salty dude (me) who never got help from anyone, ever... and still made it.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
See... help from mommy and daddy. This is coming from a salty dude who never got help from anyone, ever... and still made it.
Never asked for help from them and never had this benefit (credit advance), so me and you are on the same boat brotha. Been hustling since middle school making money and moves my own way to get what i wanted without no middle man. ??

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
See... help from mommy and daddy. This is coming from a salty dude who never got help from anyone, ever... and still made it.
yeah, I never said you could do it alone, I was responding to his claim that having a credit score in the 840s in your mid 20s was impossible.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, I never said you could do it alone, I was responding to his claim that having a credit score in the 840s in your mid 20s was impossible.
Nothing is impossible, shout out to all the teachers who gave me shit grades and told me i would never amount to nothing lmao

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I shivered when I saw this thread because I knew it would turn into “dig me, I’m so financially secure at XX years of age I can buy it” blah, blah, blah.

I have to remember I don’t have to click open. I can simply enjoy the ignorance.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
See... help from mommy and daddy. This is coming from a salty dude (me) who never got help from anyone, ever... and still made it.
I'll tell you this bro, i got nothing but respect for you since you made it this far without no hand outs. Keep doing your thing bro, no one's here to knock on you about that. ??

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I shivered when I saw this thread because I knew it would turn into “dig me, I’m so financially secure at XX years of age I can buy it” blah, blah, blah.

I have to remember I don’t have to click open. I can simply enjoy the ignorance.
I suddenly remember why these threads never worked out. I created a monster.
Sponsored