Officially ordered my A91 edition

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
I can't believe I got mine on the 8th here in NC and so many other people still haven't. It almost makes me nervous that my car is missing something or they rushed through something.
I felt the same way - just lucky I guess. I took delivery of mine without the CF rear spoiler. What were you told on yours?

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
I felt the same way - just lucky I guess. I took delivery of mine without the CF rear spoiler. What were you told on yours?
I went into the dealership in the beginning of August to test drive a 2020. They let me take one for a spin and I liked the car. I was trying to decide on a color and they told me they had a refraction blue A91 on order already and I could put my name on it with a $1000 deposit. If I didn't like the color then they would put the money towards whatever I wanted. They told me it would be at the dealership around Aug. 24th. Around the 1st of September I informed my dealership about the wing situation that I learned about here on the forums and told them to give me the car without the wing. They looked into the situation and said, no problem. I was then told it would be mid-September. I got a call on Sunday the 6th that it was in and the dealer pre-inspection would be done Tuesday since the techs were off for Labor Day. I went in and picked it up on Tuesday with an MSRP that was $1200 lower than originally quoted. There was a slight delay due to the wing but nothing that some of the people on here are dealing with. It sucks. I know some people have been waiting 6+ months. I was getting impatient after two weeks!

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
They’re in Houston. Almost wrecked when I rubber necked the transport going by in the opposite lane.

DaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, Lotus
I was wondering, do they do anything to keep the cars clean while sitting at port? or does it litterally sit at the port exposed to everything and sitting in water spots for months? I'm getting pissed thinking of the paints condition by the time I get the car.
To the best of my knowledge, cars just sit outside at the port and exposed to whatever is out there. Our cars do have shipping wrap over the entire hood, roof and rear fenders, so there is some level of protection from rain and sun while they sit at the port.

After taking delivery, you may consider 2 things:
  1. Decontaminate the paint.
    • Wash > Clay > Apply cleaner wax or an All-In-One polish/wax
    • There are many decon products out there, but claying and applying a cleaner wax are very simple and effective. If you don't have much experience with these types of products, simply go to Walmart and pickup the Meguiars clay kit ($20), their cleaner wax ($7) and some microfiber applicator pads ($5). There is no need to go fancy or expensive and everything can be done by hand without a buffer.
  2. Condition the battery with a battery tender.
    • I had no issues with the battery at delivery, but this is what I use since we have a AGM battery. CTEK 40-206 MXS 5.0-12 Volt Battery Charger ($85).
My car sat at the port for about 2 months and the paint was still in very good condition. During the decon process, the clay bar did pick up some hidden crap, but it wasn't too bad. For me, the bigger pain areas were inside of the wheels and windows. For wheels, I would suggest using a wheel woolie to thoroughly clean the inside of the wheels. I think rain water likely caused rust to drip from the rotors and accumulate. Good luck!

AutoX A91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Shelby Cobra GT350, 2019 Ford F150
Mine says it Railhead Arrival Completed 9/21. It still has a quality confirmation hold and doesn't show an ETA. I'm buying from a Kentucky dealer.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
I really hope they lift the quality confirmation hold ASAP! It's crazy that the car arrived at the port on 8/10 and it's been sitting for over a month now. @AutoX A91 did your car come through NJ port and get railed out??