OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So I was told by a Toyota Supra tech that either I need to get them to reset it at Toyota with their scan tool or get to around 40% of the 10k miles interval before I can reset it myself with the dash board button. Lol Who knows!!
Sponsored

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Quick update: I emailed the developers for BimmerLink (they also make BimmerCode) and they plan to add Service Reset capability to the iOS application within the next few weeks. No exact date but that sounds promising.

I think it’s already available for the Android version as it’s advertised on their webpage. If someone has the app for Android and wants to check and report back that‘d be awesome.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Found this, might work.

Nope, tried that. Lol I wish.

There is really only three options to turn off the oil reset light if you haven’t reached a percentage of your miles service interval. 1. Reset the year to trick the car into thinking it’s not due yet. 2. Have a Toyota scan tool to reset it. 3. Reach a certain % of the miles interval and the oil maintenance reset will be possible.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Nope, tried that. Lol I wish.

There is really only three options to turn off the oil reset light if you haven’t reached a percentage of your miles service interval. 1. Reset the year to trick the car into thinking it’s not due yet. 2. Have a Toyota scan tool to reset it. 3. Reach a certain % of the miles interval and the oil maintenance reset will be possible.
I haven't reached any marker yet. But I'm not gonna get close to 10k miles a year. Would be silly to go to the dealer just to do the reset.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I haven't reached any marker yet. But I'm not gonna get close to 10k miles a year. Would be silly to go to the dealer just to do the reset.
Agreed. I spoke to some European shops and they are getting back to me on which scan tool they use that can turn it off. I am hoping bimmer code or some obd2 scan app will have the capability soon. I think it’s stupid for the the people don’t reach close to a 10k miles a year won’t be able to reset the oil maintenance light themselves. Dumb as heck!

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
BimmerLink released an iOS update today with service reset capability. I haven’t hit break in/changed my oil yet, but hopefully someone can give it a try and post back.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
BimmerLink released an iOS update today with service reset capability. I haven’t hit break in/changed my oil yet, but hopefully someone can give it a try and post back.
who hooo!!! lol

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
has anybody used the bimmer link to reset the oil
Maintenance lighf yet? I am
Too lazy to hit the start button 3 times and push down the button over and over. lol 😂

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Too lazy to hit the start button 3 times and push down the button over and over. lol 😂
Yes. Very, very easy. In fact it was so easy that’s how I’m going to do it regardless.

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Yep, I use BimmerLink to reset the oil maintenance interval each year as I don’t clear enough miles to do it via the Kombi. Works great.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yep, I use BimmerLink to reset the oil maintenance interval each year as I don’t clear enough miles to do it via the Kombi. Works great.
Heck yeah!!!! Who hoo

I just ordered everything for it. So tired of getting the reset impossible lol Last time, I had to wait an additional 1.5 years to be able to reset due to low miles

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yes. Very, very easy. In fact it was so easy that’s how I’m going to do it regardless.
Idk why they just didn’t make in the idrive system to reset it…

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Idk why they just didn’t make in the idrive system to reset it…
At least the catastrophic dumpster fire called "Toyota/Lexus Infotainment Systems" did better than the iDrive system (in this one specific area). Sadly that's their only check mark in the "wins" column IMO.

You could solve all your problems by just driving the damn car... I put as many miles on mine each month as you have in 3 years! :p
Sponsored