max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Maybe what you need is an 86 and tune the heck out of it.
Not a big fan of "tuning"......tried that before and it was more hassle than what i got out of it......i did see this review and liked what they had to say.....i like the 86 but would not take it over the 2.0 Supra
Sponsored

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Great comments: the below links say it all........ heart pounds when i look at these. If the 2.0 Supra comes close, i am sold!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry 3.0 owners...

Doug's review is spot on.........Thanks for your " 2 cents worth".....
RX7 seems raw. Both 2.0 and 3.0 are refined daily maschines that lack this visceral feel. 2.0 will just be sharper and lighter than 3.0, so it will be closer to RX7 handling wise. But it still will be modern, quite luxury sports car. If you want to replicate the RX7 feel... Matbe older Cayman 987.2S?

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Not a big fan of "tuning"......tried that before and it was more hassle than what i got out of it......i did see this review and liked what they had to say.....i like the 86 but would not take it over the 2.0 Supra
I am right there with you. I am not a fan of tuning either. I like the security of a warranty. I would get out of a car and buy something else with more stock performance if that's what I wanted.

I owned a BRZ. I test drove a 2.0 Supra briefly. Probably less than 30 minutes and did not really drive it hard. It was a brand new car and I wanted to respect that. I put about 12 miles on the car. Even with my brief drive I could tell the 2.0 Supra was fun and capable. I loved the BRZ but I would take the 2.0 Supra over it. No doubt about it for me personally.

OP
OP

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
RX7 seems raw.

For a car that was built 25+ yrs ago....."raw" is an understatement......lol. The fact is, 25+ yrs later, i still have not found a car that could reproduce that experience. The "sporty" cars today are built better and perform better but if the 2.0 Supra can replicate that experience in a more "modern" way, then i am there.....i know the 3.0 is the "money" car, but again, although the power is probably "addictive", i am looking for more of the "everyday" experience i could get from the 2.0. From a previous post, i mainly drive my car on the 30 min.commute to work which is mostly 4-lane roads and some highway. i could take advantage of the 3.0's power band but would still not get the full worth(not to mention racking up tickets) since i am not at all interested in doing any track time. The 3.0 would be sorely under-utilized on a commute to work and back.........that being said, it is still in the equation.....hehehe

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
New to the forum today. the plan is to purchase new Supra in about 10 months. The 3.0 is well known in both 20 and 21 MY's but now, the 2.0 version is out. i have looked at both at one of my local dealers but no test drive yet. Question? Be brutally honest if need be......

besides the main obvious (255 vs. 382)HP, If you currently own the 3.0, would you have even considered the 2.0 had it been out and is the 3.0 (even the 20my) just that much better to not even consider the 2.0? My Money will be riding on this......

Thanks up front.
I just bought a '21 2.0 Friday.
I am 78 years old and widowed in February '20.
I got a very good deal and I am quite satisfied. I shopped on True Car and asked for Costco pricing.
I live 80 miles from the nearest Costco and 15 miles from the closest grocery.
I have a '19 Cadillac XT4 Sport and a Club Car golf cart.
The Cadillac is the tenth I have bought in the last 11 years. All were CPO from Sewell.
I live in an area of hills and turns and the 2.0 is fun to drive.
I had gone two years without a sports car.
It was time to buy and the 2.0 filled the bill.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Congratulations! Sounds like a ideal car for you! Enjoy every minute of it. It's not all young kids around here; some of us are retired and enjoying the heck out of these.

OP
OP

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
It was time to buy and the 2.0 filled the bill
First and foremost, sorry for your loss. i am no "spring chicken", 55 and now that kids are grown, and i am divorced, thought it time to have a little FUN but within "reason" which is why I started this thread. i am pondering the best "money" spent even though i am still considering the 3.0. I am a Network Admin. by trade and these days(COVID), I find myself doing a lot more "work from home". i still have the 30 min commute when i do go in from time to time so i want that 30 mins prior to work to be filled with "giggles"............i know the 3.0 will definitely provide that but i am hoping to also make the case for the 2.0. .......you have certainly added to the pot......Thanks for the input. My decision to purchase won't be for about 8 months so i have plenty of time to make the case for both models....and CONGRATS on the Supra!!!!!!!!

Money Question??? Did you even consider the 3.0????

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
First and foremost, sorry for your loss. i am no "spring chicken", 55 and now that kids are grown, and i am divorced, thought it time to have a little FUN but within "reason" which is why I started this thread. i am pondering the best "money" spent even though i am still considering the 3.0. I am a Network Admin. by trade and these days(COVID), I find myself doing a lot more "work from home". i still have the 30 min commute when i do go in from time to time so i want that 30 mins prior to work to be filled with "giggles"............i know the 3.0 will definitely provide that but i am hoping to also make the case for the 2.0. .......you have certainly added to the pot......Thanks for the input. My decision to purchase won't be for about 8 months so i have plenty of time to make the case for both models....and CONGRATS on the Supra!!!!!!!!

Money Question??? Did you even consider the 3.0????
I considered the 3.0 but the 2.0 has all that I need. Money did not come into play.
I have no children so the 2.0 was a consideration for the child who lives next door who cares for my yard. When I die, which may not be that far away, he gets the Supra. He doesn't know that yet. I felt the 3.0 would be too much for him.

OP
OP

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
WOW!!

I considered the 3.0 but the 2.0 has all that I need
"The 2.0 has all that i NEED".............that statement says MORE than you think........I won't make up my mind until i get ready to buy but using that statement going forward will make that choice easy, Speaking for myself, a LOT of my decisions in the past, were not founded in "...all that i need". Time to change that....There are still reasons for me in choosing the 3.0 but very few are based upon "all that i need"......Enjoy that Supra!!!!!

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Maybe what you need is an 86 and tune the heck out of it. I can only imagine that will give you the closest feeling you had in the RX7, and you can get it in a manual too
Tuning a BRZ will get you nowhere. I had a BRZ and the best i could manage was 200 whp with catless headers, downpipe and E85 on an aggressive tune.

If you want to make any sort of power you HAVE to go Forced Induction. That alone will essentially make up the cost of what you would pay for a new 2.0 (almost). I had the Edelbrock Supercharger on my BRZ and i was making 240 whp on 91.
Sponsored