Ordering Process For New Supra

Are you planning on buying a first year model?

• Yes, I can't wait any longer. Also willing to pay dealer markups.

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No, I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out & the hype / markups to die down.

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota confirmed as well. Oct 2nd Online...whatever that means.
It means.. put down a deposit and one day next year you’ll get a BMW.
Sponsored

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s an online reservation, don’t really know what that entails. Probably just getting your name on a list.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
If Toyota told me this thing has 400+HP, gave some specifics about their supposed engineering of the B58, and told me it weighs under 3300lbs, I’d be comfortable putting some money down knowing what we know so far (which isn’t a lot). The deposit would be refundable, but I just feel weird about putting $1000 down on something we don’t know too much about. Maybe it’s about loyalty for Toyota. Idk

Someone mentioned that Tesla has used this same method with their cars, in terms of pre-sale. IIRC, they opened up reservations for the Model 3 AFTER Elon debuted it at his conference or whatever. So people weren’t necessarily blindily reserving the Model 3.

The Comedian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Subaru BRZ
Maybe it's Toyota's way to see how many people are ready to buy this thing without all the details.

But it may backfire when people start asking for refunds when official numbers hit

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's Toyota's way to see how many people are ready to buy this thing without all the details.

But it may backfire when people start asking for refunds when official numbers hit
They tried to pump up the excitement with the driving event in Madrid before the online order thing... reviews are MEH and MT today just dropped a bombshell. Not sure how Toyota is taking this.. people are less excited about the car now. Lol

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
They tried to pump up the excitement with the driving event in Madrid before the online order thing... reviews are MEH and MT today just dropped a bombshell. Not sure how Toyota is taking this.. people are less excited about the car now. Lol
Drove a MKIV for the first time yesterday, great experience. If this car ends up being mediocre, I might have to go with the proven :dunno:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Drove a MKIV for the first time yesterday, great experience. If this car ends up being mediocre, I might have to go with the proven :dunno:
You are in my past neck of the woods.. there are many amazing MKIVs in NY. Hit up one of the well known dudes and have them take you for a ride. You’ll understand how silly the MKV Zupra is after that.

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
You are in my past neck of the woods.. there are many amazing MKIVs in NY. Hit up one of the well known dudes and have them take you for a ride. You’ll understand how silly the MKV Zupra is after that.
Haha i believe i have you on IG, you moved out of Bayside before i had a chance to learn about a Supra. I was mostly a R34 guy at the time because of F&F

I met the guy who just bought the Baltic blue Supra from Brooklyn Auto Sales. Automatic but still a GTE, pulls smooth. Doesn't take long to realize why everyone loves a 2JZ.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha i believe i have you on IG, you moved out of Bayside before i had a chance to learn about a Supra. I was mostly a R34 guy at the time because of F&F

I met the guy who just bought the Baltic blue Supra from Brooklyn Auto Sales. Automatic but still a GTE, pulls smooth. Doesn't take long to realize why everyone loves a 2JZ.
Yeah.. auto to a 6spd car is night and day difference. Yeah.. I moved out around 2014.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe this “reservation” is just for Europe? No where but Toyota Uk has posted this, might be just setting up their Supra 900 club? :dunno:

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
Two dealerships that I am dealing with have heard nothing in regards to any order information in October.....so this may just be a Europe thing

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Two dealerships that I am dealing with have heard nothing in regards to any order information in October.....so this may just be a Europe thing
Yes.. probably for the 900 club.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It seems like they are marketing this car a lot harder over in Europe than anywhere else. I guess since they know the car won't be about 'numbers' and will be more about 'feel'; bringing it to America may only be done for the debut so it doesn't get bashed as it sounds like the numbers won't match a lot of what US sports cars are providing today. What will match or exceed though is the price as funny as that sounds.

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
It seems like they are marketing this car a lot harder over in Europe than anywhere else. I guess since they know the car won't be about 'numbers' and will be more about 'feel'; bringing it to America may only be done for the debut so it doesn't get bashed as it sounds like the numbers won't match a lot of what US sports cars are providing today. What will match or exceed though is the price as funny as that sounds.
To take a page.....I mean "the" page from JDMuscle....the Supra hardware wise is related very closely to the Z4 aka Zupra aka BMW with a Toyota badge.

The Z4 is getting 385hp in the US Market so unless they signed an agreement where Toyota wouldn't get the full potential (which doesn't sound like something Toyota would go along with, Japanese may be nice but they are also cutthroat businessman) the Supra in the US should get 385hp. If not 350hp minimum. So if the fully loaded trim is 50k-60k it shouldn't get bashed on by the US.

330hp....yes. 380hp for 60-70k....ehh probably yes.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The Z4 is getting 385hp in the US Market so unless they signed an agreement where Toyota wouldn't get the full potential (which doesn't sound like something Toyota would go along with, Japanese may be nice but they are also cutthroat businessman) the Supra in the US should get 385hp.
Are there any sources that confirm this besides the MT article that had several glaring holes in the narrative? If that article was in line with what *every other publisher* mentioned, id be more inclined to believe this.
Sponsored