Parking Assistance Malfunction [side protection]

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Did you ever find a fix? Got coilovers installed and got a bunch of chasis and parking assistance codes. They went away but I'm still stuck with the side protection warning. My side sensors aren't picking anything up
This may not help you but I will give it a shot. Not that long ago I was having all kinds of crazy electrical errors on my car. It started with simple stuff like the "Parking Assistance Malfunction" error and other stuff and ended up progressing into a freaking nightmare. I THOUGHT I had checked everything that made since but I was wrong and it ended up being that the bolt for the battery lead in the engine bay was incredibly loose. Tightening that down solved every issue I was having. Don't ask me why I didn't check that first, but I didn't lol.
Sponsored

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
This may not help you but I will give it a shot. Not that long ago I was having all kinds of crazy electrical errors on my car. It started with simple stuff like the "Parking Assistance Malfunction" error and other stuff and ended up progressing into a freaking nightmare. I THOUGHT I had checked everything that made since but I was wrong and it ended up being that the bolt for the battery lead in the engine bay was incredibly loose. Tightening that down solved every issue I was having. Don't ask me why I didn't check that first, but I didn't lol.
Well I currently have it disconnected. Was hoping removing the battery terminal and powering down would reset it.

but Iā€™ll try that and checking if the sensor plugs are tight.

itā€™s weird all of the sensors work and pick up everything except the sides.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
Brand new 2024 here, just started having this issue two days ago. Itā€™s under 40 outside so I havenā€™t been able to do anything about it yet

VeeBeeA90

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
880whp 2020 Supra, 820whp Evo 9, Astra VXR
Also having the same problem, sensors are working but the error keeps popping up.

Tried everything, battery, clearing faults. Nothing seems to work.

Been told that Toyota need to update firmware,
But I'm tuned with reflex etc and can't have them flash and lock the ecu.

Any suggestions ?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
.... And people ask me why I bought the base model.

šŸ˜

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
I downloaded Toyota ISTA and Techstream.

calibrated all of my sensors and everything cleared.
Sponsored