Particulate filter differential pressure too low

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Just got this code for my first time ever. Never had any check engine light before. No message appeared on the idrive screen. Just a CEL.
I couldn’t even find it when I tried to scan it with BimmerLink. We had to scan it with a auto tuner to see the code. It said Particulate filter differential pressure too low bank 1.
Car drove like normal and I didn’t noticed else power wise etc.

I’m running a miltek opf delete with a stage 1.
the tuner said they disabled the opf sensor.

does this code even has something to do with the OPF filter is it something with the differential?
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Just got this code for my first time ever. Never had any check engine light before. No message appeared on the idrive screen. Just a CEL.
I couldn’t even find it when I tried to scan it with BimmerLink. We had to scan it with a auto tuner to see the code. It said Particulate filter differential pressure too low bank 1.
Car drove like normal and I didn’t noticed else power wise etc.

I’m running a miltek opf delete with a stage 1.
the tuner said they disabled the opf sensor.

does this code even has something to do with the OPF filter is it something with the differential?
Do you have the actual code of the error? What this error is saying is that the pressure difference between before and after the filter is out of range. The only time ive heard of an error like this is on a diesel with a DPF. We dont have OPFs yet but I understand that they act in a similar manner. I would talk to your tuner about it, they may have forgotten to disable something.

Here is an OPF example with the sensors: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-tur...2-turbo-sport-exhaust-particulate-filter.html

OP
OP
Tri5tate

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
The code is P244A. But yeah, the only thing I get when I google that is something with diesel particulate filters 😅 Maybe the OPF throws a similar code?

Either way I have to talk to my tuner about it, but I reckon it has something to do with the OPF sensor.
I still have the catalytic converter left in place.

But the strange thing is that if this code has something to do with the OPF, why does it come on now? I got rid of the OPF and tuned the car like 6 weeks ago and I have driven it alot since then, in all types of scenarios.

1652301649215.png

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
The code is P244A. But yeah, the only thing I get when I google that is something with diesel particulate filters 😅 Maybe the OPF throws a similar code?

Either way I have to talk to my tuner about it, but I reckon it has something to do with the OPF sensor.
I still have the catalytic converter left in place.

But the strange thing is that if this code has something to do with the OPF, why does it come on now? I got rid of the OPF and tuned the car like 6 weeks ago and I have driven it alot since then, in all types of scenarios.

1652301649215.png
I know very little about OPFs but from what I understand they are very similar. Probably reuse the code because its easier. This code has nothing to do with the cat. Reach out to your tuner, ill bet something isnt disabled properly.

OP
OP
Tri5tate

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
I know very little about OPFs but from what I understand they are very similar. Probably reuse the code because its easier. This code has nothing to do with the cat. Reach out to your tuner, ill bet something isnt disabled properly.
Yeah, it must be that the sensor isnt disabled. But if it isnt, then how come it hasnt thrown a CEL during all thousands of kilometers I have driven it since we got rid of the OPF 😄

Oh well, I'll reach out to them tomorrow so they can have a look into it.
Sponsored