Rear differential error

biorobin1

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota supra
Hello i’ve been having this error come up randomly when driving. There’s a message that comes up on the screen that says that the rear axle differential lock is reduced and that i can continue driving but i need to take it to a dealership to get it looked at. So far the car still drives fine but i’m just worried about what it could be causing it because i only have around 6,000 miles. I was just wondering if anyone could explain what this means or just any help would be much appreciated!

Here’s a picture from another forum but it’s the same error i’m getting.

7B437296-A134-420A-8B71-F2CBFB07BBB3.jpeg
Sponsored

toYoda

First Name
Chosen1
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 ToYoda Supra
Hello i’ve been having this error come up randomly when driving. There’s a message that comes up on the screen that says that the rear axle differential lock is reduced and that i can continue driving but i need to take it to a dealership to get it looked at. So far the car still drives fine but i’m just worried about what it could be causing it because i only have around 6,000 miles. I was just wondering if anyone could explain what this means or just any help would be much appreciated!

Here’s a picture from another forum but it’s the same error i’m getting.

7B437296-A134-420A-8B71-F2CBFB07BBB3.jpeg
Same issue here, car been at dealership 7 days total since malfunction appeared no fix yet.

OP
OP
biorobin1

biorobin1

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota supra
Update: Took it to the dealer and got it looked at. The technician that looked at it found no leaks and the only minor issue was a battery cable being loose. At the time when the error came on, the driver rear tire was 33 and all the other tires was at 40. That night i put the missing air in the low tire and it hasn’t came on since . Also it turns out their was a nail in it and it was slowly leaking out air. In addition the tech said he had another supra there for the exact same issue, only he couldn’t get the error to go away.

chase

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone else run into this issue with correct tire pressures? This message just started appearing for me when my car hit about 100 miles on the odometer…

Edit: “Rear axle differential lock reduced” for SEO since I couldn’t find this thread from Google ;)

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Update: Took it to the dealer and got it looked at. The technician that looked at it found no leaks and the only minor issue was a battery cable being loose. At the time when the error came on, the driver rear tire was 33 and all the other tires was at 40. That night i put the missing air in the low tire and it hasn’t came on since . Also it turns out their was a nail in it and it was slowly leaking out air. In addition the tech said he had another supra there for the exact same issue, only he couldn’t get the error to go away.
Did you get a warning for the low tire pressure from the TPMS?

chase

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone else run into this issue with correct tire pressures? This message just started appearing for me when my car hit about 100 miles on the odometer…

Edit: “Rear axle differential lock reduced” for SEO since I couldn’t find this thread from Google ;)
Update, just got my car back from the shop (took 9 days). They replaced the differential lock/temperature computer (83294-WAA03), the differential lock actuator motor (41400-WAA01), and an o-ring (90118-WA286). After replacing all the parts, the transmission temperature read as 32,000 degrees Celsius and all the computers needed to be reprogrammed to get the faults cleared.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
32,000 degrees Celsius
That's very hot.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 16.24.50.png

All jokes aside, 32,000 (32,767, actually) is probably a 16bit integer over/underflow. And the sensor just wasn't reading, so it bugged out and overflowed.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

RWDriver89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just got a track alignment today too; same code came up on the way home; did this RSR-sensor unplug trick work for you?
Unfortunately, it didn’t. We did try. But… when my windshield got replace, the installer had the Toyota techstream software and reset it for me. It’s never been back since.