Parts section

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
Question: Should we just accept this non-sensible disconnection between these two companies when it comes to parts acquisitions?
YES. In fact, probably the only time we should overlook the fact that we are in BMW's is when we take our car's in for warranty repairs at Toyota. If i had to guess why, Toyota's warranty billing wont accept BMW part numbers. I've spoke with a marketing rep from Gazoo Racing and have told me that BMW service centers won't touch our cars. At least here in the Western Region.

On a side note, as a Mercedes Benz dealer tech I have worked on a Chrysler Crossfire before lol
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No, I'm hoping a change will benefit hundreds, if not thousands of Supra owners over time.
Unfortunately, you did indeed literally compare life changing accidents to you not getting some car parts in a timely manner. Somehow my view of you has now become even worse. I'm kind of shocked that is possible.

The fix here is not dealing with dealers and doing your own shit, but I think your pride out ranks that. It's not too late to sell the Supra and go back to that Corvette life.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
YES. In fact, probably the only time we should overlook the fact that we are in BMW's is when we take our car's in for warranty repairs at Toyota. If i had to guess why, Toyota's warranty billing wont accept BMW part numbers. I've spoke with a marketing rep from Gazoo Racing and have told me that BMW service centers won't touch our cars. At least here in the Western Region.

On a side note, as a Mercedes Benz dealer tech I have worked on a Chrysler Crossfire before lol
This is probably true with Subaru dealerships not servicing GR86s and visa versa. However, other types of companies cross reference parts all the time for purchasing. Why can't a dealership do the same? Having that capability would do wonders for customer satisfaction.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Unfortunately, you did indeed literally compare life changing accidents to you not getting some car parts in a timely manner. Somehow my view of you has now become even worse. I'm kind of shocked that is possible.

The fix here is not dealing with dealers and doing your own shit, but I think your pride out ranks that. It's not too late to sell the Supra and go back to that Corvette life.
I can give you 20 other scenarios in which a status quo was changed, whether it be life altering or not. My point is that sometimes a combined effort that may eventually include higher up connections CAN make a difference. Your automatic acceptance of this issue and your solution of fixing something yourself (which is not possible without the right equipment that could easily cost quite a bit) is not a feasible suggestion for everyone.

It's like my advising you to work on your car outside when it's 10 degrees, while I can easily do it here at 70 degrees. Think about other people and not just yourself.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Then go to the dealer or Toyota directly and try to make change.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Razorlab gives advice.....

Bad advice.JPG
Made me way too young. In reality, I am closer to your age. Also, 3 months for a block replacement is pretty standard.

You are so far out of touch, which boomers are known for, but you really take the cake.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
People already post in the general section asking for parts numbers and people like @razorlab or @zrk gives us parts numbers for Toyota and sometimes the BMW counterpart.
There's a third guy on here that actually works in Toyota's parts division, but I can't remember his name. He tries to answer those requests but the other two sometimes respond faster...

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
This thread is beyond stupid, go on crusader change the world. If you wanna make changes that benefit others, this is a strange hill to die on. There are people who own this car that I swear are disconnected from every bit of reality.