Passing smog in Nevada

Count Mackula

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
So I have a tunable 21 6 port. Installed the catless DP and havent tuned it yet (eventually).

So the smog test is due in Vegas and they do not use the sniffer test.
Rather they check your ecu and look for codes to pass it.

Does anybody here know how to pass smog without having to reinstall the stock car?

BM3? MHD? Ecutek?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Iā€™m running catless dps with a tune and have no issues passing. If anything just swap the stock dp back on.

OP
OP

Count Mackula

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Iā€™m running catless dps with a tune and have no issues passing. If anything just swap the stock dp back on.
Did you tune it recently? I want to get it tuned as well. But Parnell
Did you get it tuned recently? I believe Nevada wonā€™t pass it anymore if you got it tuned after the laws have changed.

I donā€™t have a problem with reinstalling the cat. Itā€™s the fact that every year, you will have to take off the DP, install the cat, detune it, smog it, remove the cat, reinstall the DP, and tune it again.

I was hoping to be able to pass it every year without all the hassle.

Daemon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra Premium, '15 WRX
I believe Nevada wonā€™t pass it anymore if you got it tuned after the laws have changed.
Where did you hear this? I passed smog testing with my tuned WRX in January without an issue.

As for passing with a catless downpipe, as long as you aren't throwing a code and the catalyst monitor is showing ready, you should be good. NV allows for 1 monitor to be not ready, but I believe the catalyst monitor is an exception to that.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you tune it recently? I want to get it tuned as well. But Parnell

Did you get it tuned recently? I believe Nevada wonā€™t pass it anymore if you got it tuned after the laws have changed.

I donā€™t have a problem with reinstalling the cat. Itā€™s the fact that every year, you will have to take off the DP, install the cat, detune it, smog it, remove the cat, reinstall the DP, and tune it again.

I was hoping to be able to pass it every year without all the hassle.
Ive been tuned for about two years now. My tuner was able to turn off the non continious monitors so that it reads N/A so it wont NOt Ready or fail. I dont believe there was any new laws in regards to failing with a tune. I think that was in Cali.

OP
OP

Count Mackula

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Where did you hear this? I passed smog testing with my tuned WRX in January without an issue.

As for passing with a catless downpipe, as long as you aren't throwing a code and the catalyst monitor is showing ready, you should be good. NV allows for 1 monitor to be not ready, but I believe the catalyst monitor is an exception to that.
I was about to get my car smogged and asked someone that just got it smogged if I should reinstall my cat.
He mentioned that the new law states that tuners cannot do anything to help defeat the emissions. Such as ecutek no longer has that option in their program.

Last thing he mentioned was ā€œi know if i wanted a tune right now i would not be able to pass smog as they would turn on the O2 now.ā€

OP
OP

Count Mackula

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Ive been tuned for about two years now. My tuner was able to turn off the non continious monitors so that it reads N/A so it wont NOt Ready or fail. I dont believe there was any new laws in regards to failing with a tune. I think that was in Cali.
Yeah, I believe the new laws are very recent.
if my tuner does the same, I think Iā€™d be fine. But it sounds like they donā€™t do that anymore.

I guess anybody tuned from this moment forward wonā€™t be passing smog.
Sponsored